I am Johnnie, a 25 year old student from the Netherlands. I study Cultural Geography at the University of Groningen.
I am in Hiroshima for 4 weeks right now as a tourist, student and researcher. I'm here on my own, mainly to explore the range of tourists' experiences, feelings and emotions while visiting the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and vicinity. As a tourist, I have also experienced the encounters at the Peace Memorial sites myself.
The aim of my study is to understand tourists’ experiences in Hiroshima, as well as their potential changed meanings regarding war, peace and nuclear weapons after touring Hiroshima.
While I'm here, I would very much like to get in contact with other tourists and share some of our experiences. That would help me a lot to better understand the impact of such a visit. Other than that, as a tourist, some company and socializing a bit would do me good while I'm here.
If anyone is in Hiroshima now, in February, and would like to meet, let me know . Or e-mail me at [email protected] Hope to talk to you soon!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 2 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 3 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 4 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 5 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 6 Bago or Golden rock
- 7 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 8 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 9 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 10 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 11 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 12 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 13 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 14 Sulawesi
- 15 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 16 8 Days in Bali
- 17 two health related questions
- 18 Princess Cruise
- 19 Best day trip from Phuket
- 20 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
- 21 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
- 22 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17
- 23 Kata Beach
- 24 meow?
- 25 Help me plan my honeymoon! 7.5 days in Japan
Japan, Hiroshima. Anyone in Hiroshima now to share experiences?