My husband and I will be in Otsu in July for one week for a conference. We are staying an extra week after to vacation and we need to decide what we're going to do. There is so much to do and see in the country that we are having trouble deciding. We are really craving a beach vacation, but it seems that the only reccommended places are Okinawa and other southern islands. The prices for resorts are way out of our price range. We don't need to stay ON the beach, but we'd like to be close. Suggestions? Reccommendations?
Also, has anyone used the regional airlines? We're flying into Toyko from the US, then we need to get to Kyoto/Otsu for the conference. From there we'll do our vacationing somewhere else. So, we were thinking a regional carrier would be good. My husband read that there are passes that have five one-way flights. Any reccommendations?
We have our plane tickets to Japan already, and now we need to plan the vaca part. We're open to ideas, but really (REALLY) need to get away and relax!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 2 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 3 9 days in Japan in April
- 4 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 5 Kyushu Olle Course Trail Resource
- 6 (Short) side trips from Singapore
- 7 6 Days in Thailand
- 8 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 9 12 days in Cambodia January
- 10 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 11 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 12 Internet in SE Asia
- 13 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 14 Wat Arun
- 15 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 16 Question re. fees at BOM
- 17 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 18 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 19 Spa Bangkok
- 20 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 21 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 22 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 23 need your help with japan itinerary
- 24 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 25 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa