Reload this Page >

Japan and Korea for the World Cup - cheap hotels suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 12:50 PM
Sally

Can anyone make good suggestions for less expensive places to stay while my boyfriend and I attend the World Cup next year. Inexpensive meaning around $100USD per night in a hotel or apartment. Thanks in advance.

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 08:43 PM
Florence

In Japan, you'll find "business hotels" and a lot of small ryokans in that range of price. Try the members of Welcome Inn at www.jnto.go.jp <BR> <BR>I advise that you take care of reservations as soon as possible.

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 09:44 PM
nevado

Just wondering if you already have tickets to the world cup. I'm planning on going but have no idea where to try and get tickets to the Korea matches. Any advice would be very helpful. What cities in Korea were you planning on being in? <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 07:09 AM
Marv

Nevado, <BR>You can go to www.fifa.com and purchase the tickets on-line.

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 08:54 AM
nevado

Thanks! It's funny, but I just found it this afternoon (the fifa site). I live in Korea and strangly enough, haven't seen any mention of the ticket sales. I missed the boat on the numerous tickets they had reserved for the Korean residents (deadline March 14). I guess I'll try my luck on the international lottery. Now I guess I have to cross my fingers that my team makes it and they're not in groups E-H (flights back and forth would get a bit pricy)!