JAL vs CX vs BR

Sep 8th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Original Poster

JAL vs CX vs BR

I'm currently in the States ( Hoosier land ) and planning to go home (Indonesia) for 3 weeks for Christmas.

I got these quotes from several Travel agents:

JAL Economy $1140 + tax (including 1 night hotel in Tokyo)
KA Economy $1170 + tax + hotel for 1 night in Seoul
CX Economy $1550 + tax
BR Economy $1360 + tax
BR E Deluxe $1720 + tax
SQ Economy $1625 + tax
SQ Exec Economy $2020 + tax
CI Economy $1370 + tax

They already have a wait list for every single one of these for the dates that I want to fly. So my TA is still trying to find me a confirmed seat.

Now my first preference is EVA's Evergreen Deluxe. I don't mind SQ's Economy but since the price is always about the same as EVA's Deluxe class, I'd choose EVA anytime for the wider seat and bigger seat pitch. I don't like EVA's Economy though, I think it's small and they dont have individual TV. I'd really like to try SQ's new Executive Economy, but $2000 is too much.

Looking at those price quotes, I thought I'll try JAL if I could get a seat since the price difference is a lot. But I want to hear others who's flown JAL's economy. How was it ?

If I fly EVA, I plan to use my miles to get an upgrade from Coach to Business for the TPE-CGK leg (no Evergreen Deluxe class). It's 15000 miles, I think it's worth it since I did this before.

I wouldn't be able to do this with JAL.. but does anybody has any idea how much it would be if I just pay at the gate for an upgrade to Biz for the NRT-CGK leg ?

Sep 8th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

oh I forgot I have one more question.

Do you think I should consider any other airline on the list looking at those fares ?
Sep 8th, 2005, 10:04 AM

I agree with your analysis. BR ED or JL w/hotel are the best value on the list.

Search this Thread