I just want to request my fellow travelers NOT to buy any ivory products. When I traveled around China I saw numerous such shops; a recent Nat Geo investigation revealed 90% of ivory used in China is coming from slaughtered African elephants and then smuggled into the country. Please don't be a part of this Blood Ivory trade. And please don't support the elephant back trek safaris either. Those unfortunate animals are captured, separated from the herd, tortured until they have no choice but to 'work' carrying tourists on their back all day.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Cowboys vs Raiders Live
- 2 Japan escorted
- 3 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 4 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 5 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 6 Please Help First-Timers to India!
- 7 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 8 two health related questions
- 9 Princess Cruise
- 10 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 11 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 12 Mongolia - Blue Silk Travel
- 13 Nha Trang,Vn taxi
- 14 4 nights in Himalayas - Bhutan,Nepal, India?
- 15 Bago or Golden rock
- 16 Bangkok
- 17 Sri Lanka compared to southern India, which do you prefer?
- 18 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 19 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 20 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 21 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 22 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 23 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 24 Sulawesi
- 25 Racism danger in Cambodia?