I will have a few days in April to travel and I would like to go to Southeast Asia for the first time. My priorities are being able to attend Songkran, the Full Moon party, and to see Angkor Wat. All other days/locations are flexible.
Afternoon/evening of April 8- Leave NYC or Philadelphia
April 10-11 Bangkok
April 12-13 Chiang Mai for Songkran
April 14-15 Kho Pha Ngan for the Full Moon
April 16-19?? Angkor Wat
Evening of April 19/Morning of April 20- Flight to NYC/Philadelphia
Would I have time for Kuala Lumpur during this trip or is that rushing it? Would anyone recommend spending extra time in Koh Lanta/Phuket/Maya Beach or perhaps Koh Chang on the way to Cambodia?
I have seen flights leaving from Siem Reap to NYC/PHL which is what I would do to maximize time and not have to return to Bangkok. Another option (because I do not have a lot of time in Bangkok at the beginning of the trip) is to return to Bangkok on the morning of the 19th and not leave until a 10/11pm flight that night. My budget is about $1000-$1500 USD.
I truly appreciate any advice that you all have.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AOL Password Reset CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h Supp0rt Care 24/7
- 2 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 3 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 4 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 5 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 6 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 7 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 8 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 9 Sulawesi
- 10 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 11 8 Days in Bali
- 12 two health related questions
- 13 Princess Cruise
- 14 Best day trip from Phuket
- 15 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
- 16 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
- 17 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17
- 18 Kata Beach
- 19 meow?
- 20 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 21 Help me plan my honeymoon! 7.5 days in Japan
- 22 First time to Japan (This Month)
- 23 Phuket
- 24 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 25 Bangkok - Suggestions ??