We are thrilled about visiting Japan in July.
We are landing at Narita airport in the evening (around 7pm), and have 4 days thereafter to spend in Japan. We are first time visitors to Japan and wish to see go to a city or two. Prefer cities with a lot more interesting sites (temples, festivals etc.) such as Kyoto over busy places like Tokyo.
1. Is it better to spend the night in Narita the first day?
2. Is Kyoto a good base to stay put for 4 days? Are there alternatives? I read about Hakone which seems nice too.
3. Given that the trip really is only 4 days, is a JR rail pass still worth it?
4. Suggestions for hotels?
We are budget travelers not looking to spend much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 2 Please Help First-Timers to India!
- 3 4 nights in Himalayas - Bhutan,Nepal, India?
- 4 Bago or Golden rock
- 5 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 6 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 7 Bangkok
- 8 Sri Lanka compared to southern India, which do you prefer?
- 9 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 10 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 11 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 12 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 13 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 14 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 15 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 16 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 17 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 18 Sulawesi
- 19 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 20 8 Days in Bali
- 21 two health related questions
- 22 Princess Cruise
- 23 Best day trip from Phuket
- 24 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
- 25 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?