Itinerary from Krabi to PHuket please!

Jan 18th, 2002, 10:56 PM
bronwyn

Itinerary from Krabi to PHuket please!

Once landing in Krabi, I have 10days before I am due in Phuket. Would anyone have any itinerary or hints handy. I should like to go to Ao Nang, Ko Phi Phi but unsure of the order.
Thankyou!

Jan 20th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Anna

We just returned from Thailand today. We spent 4 nights on Ko Phi Phi and 4 nights on Rai Lay which is a 10 minute long tail ride from Ao Nang. We wish we had spent a week and Rai Lay and only a day or so on Ko Phi Phi. Ko Phi Phi is very developed while Rai Lay is a little less so. We were glad we hired a boat to take us to Ko Phi Phi Ley, it is beautiful, even with all the other tourist boats around. You can take a day trip to Ko Phi Phi from Ao Nang or Rai Lay. From Rai Lay, it is a short walk to Phra Nang which is another beautiful beach accessible only by boat.

Jan 21st, 2002, 12:03 AM
bronwyn

Thankyou for yuor advice! Were boats from Ao Nang To Phi Phi hard to get or are they leaving quite frequently. I am also looking at a day trip to Ko Lantra from Phi Phi if time permits. We are aiming to stay in Railay beach and possibly Ao Nang. Where did you stay at Railay and Phi Phi. We are aiming for fairly low key accomodation and are aware that most accomodation in Phi Phi and Ao Nang is quite dear. Thanks again!

Jan 21st, 2002, 05:58 AM
Anna

I believe there is only one or two boats per day to Phi Phi from Rai Lay, and I think the same from Ao Nang too. I really didn't pay much attention since we had just come from PhiPhi. There would also be the option of hiring a speed boat to take you there. This would be expensive, but you could do it on your terms. On Rai Lay we rented an ex-pat home at Rai Lay Beach Club, it was really nice but only had electricity from 18:00-01:00. This wasn't a big deal, but it would have been nice to have a fan on during the night. The house was really nice, slept 4, and was 6000 baht. On West Rai Lay I'd recommend the Sand and Sea or Railay Village resort. East Rai Lay doesn't have a nice beach, it is a mud flat with mangrove trees; but it is only a short walk to Phra Nang beach from there. We really like Phra Nang and even preferred it to West Rai Lay Beach, so it would have been fine to stay in East Rai Lay too. We were really glad we stayed on Rai Lay rather than in Ao Nang. To save money, you could get a bungalow with just a fan, since the temp cooled pretty nicely at night and there was a good breeze.
http://www.sandsearesort.com/index.html
http://www.railay.com/railay/intro/intro.shtml

On Phi Phi we stayed at the Phi Phi Princess. It was a really nice resort, with a great pool. Charlies was next door with more basic bungalows.
http://www.ppprincess.com/

Jan 21st, 2002, 07:54 AM
cristina

I would also recommend Sand and Sea resort in Raylay Bay, was there last summer, great location and comfortable bungalows. In Phi-Phi we stayed in Phi-Phi hotel, nice and affordable.