Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Itinerary for Phillippines - Please suggest places

Itinerary for Phillippines - Please suggest places

Oct 16th, 2018, 09:16 AM
Original Poster

Itinerary for Phillippines - Please suggest places

Hi friends,
i am travelling to KL on 29th November and returning back from Singapore on 18th December.
I am planning to stay in KL for 3-4 days, and will end my trip in Singapore for about 5 stays. I have 10-12 days in between where I want to explore Phillippines and surrounding places. I am open to Indonesian places excluding mainland and Bali.
We are 4 adults and one infant of 8 months. We have common interests, we like beaches, cities, temples whatever gives the feel of that country.
Please suggest best places to see. Will appreciate if you can still suggest an itinerary.
Oct 27th, 2018, 07:26 PM

You can spent 2-3 days at magnificent Borobudur Temple and Prambanan, tracking on the ricefield "selo griyo" not far from Borobudur Temple or cycling to see surrounding and interact with native, if You want a bit extreme can go to vertical Jomblang cave and traditional Gandola at Timang Beach
Oct 28th, 2018, 12:19 AM
kja

I can't help with the Philippines, but you might find some information about Singapore and Java in this trip report:
A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
Oct 31st, 2018, 12:58 AM

I already read, lot o information, You telling story with good way so I can imagine Your journey
Oct 31st, 2018, 05:46 PM
kja

Originally Posted by one2borobudur View Post
I already read, lot o information, You telling story with good way so I can imagine Your journey
Thank you!
Dec 30th, 2018, 06:28 PM

There are 7000+ islands in the Philippines so, I can only recommend the ones I've visited.

Taguig, Manila (2018) was a good location to spend a week and tour. We found a condo at the Cypress Condominiums in Taguig through the Airbnb app (highly recommended) at ~2000 php ($40 USD) dollars/day. We swam in the hotel pool, shopping at the Venice Grand Canal Mall and Market Market Shopping Mall. Also, visited Tagaytay, and the Taal Volcano (recommended).*

Iloilo - Shopping and eats at SM City Mall, family owned restaraunt, Mango Tree Restaraunt (highy recommended), and Tatoy's Seafood Restaranut (highly recommended). We visited Fort San Pedro, and Garin Farm Pilgrimage (highly recommended). The nearby island of Guimaras (Mango capital) is highly recommended as well (boat transportation was temporarily not operating at the time).

Boracay - A popular tourist destination, Boracay has lots to offer. From Iloilo, make your way north to the port town of Aklan and take a boat to the nearby island (twenty minutes). Boracay island is now open since the renovations have been completed. Be sure to make hotel reservations PRIOR to traveling to Boracay (this is required now) if you are going to stay overnight. Recommendation: take a boat tour around the island and enjoy snorkeling/diving, fishing, etc. Enjoy the experience!

Negros Occidental - From Iloilo Port a fastcraft was taken to Bacolod, From there, we took the Ceres bus south to Sibulan Port where a short fast-craft was taken over to Santander, Cebu.*

Cebu - From Santander, a taxi will take you to the Moalboal Resort (highly recommended) where we stayed at the Cabana Beach Club Resort (highly recommended, although pricey per peso standards, $4000 php/day). The beautiful Kawasan Falls, nearby via tricycle, was visited as well (highly recommended). From Moalboal, I recommend the taxi package (available across the alley from the Cabana Resort) into Cebu City which includes a (5) point site-seeing tour in the hills outside the city (highly recommended).*

* The Airbnb app was used throughout and again, is highly recommended!
Jan 7th, 2019, 10:13 PM

As a local Filipino, my favorite places are:
  1. El Nido, Palawan
  2. Sagada
  3. Cebu

Search this Thread