Notices

itinerary for agra and jaipur

Old Nov 28th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
itinerary for agra and jaipur

i arrive in delhi on sunday afternoon and leave on thursday morning and would like to see taj mahal and jaipur and major sites in delhi. any suggestions. i plan on taking day trip via train to agra and fly to jaipur from delhi by plane. is one day or two better for jaipur.
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 04:43 PM

Sorry, but with only three full days and a half day on Sunday you cannot do all this, IMO. You have to cut out one place. Otherwise you will be rushing around way too much in that time and seeing anything at all. Also flight schedules may not work out as conveniently as you think, esp given fog in December in Delhi and usual flight delays in any event. Do not try to do too much. Even 3 ½ days between Delhi and Agra is a lot to fit in IMO.
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 04:55 PM

Just do Delhi and Agra - you must see the Taj. You can "do" Jaipur in one very full day not including travel time if Agra can be set aside for later.
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

i guess then i will try just delhi and taj, maybe spend one night in agra. what else is there to see in agra other then taj. should i take train back or are there any sights to see on the way back by car
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 01:55 AM

Its best to see the Taj at sunrise or sunset so include that in your plans. Other sites to see are Agra Fort (best to do this rather than the Red Fort in Delhi which is similar) and It-Ma-Udallah Tomb ("Baby Taj"). About 45 minutes outside of Agra is the abandoned city of Fatephur Sikri. It is not on the way to Delhi but it is worthwhile if you can spare 3-1/2 or 4 hours visit it.
Old Nov 30th, 2006, 08:51 AM

I agree with Craig. Just got back myself and in my opinion It-Ma-Udallah Tomb ("Baby Taj")and Fatephur Sikri should not be missed. Apart from their obvious value, I found them to be quiet re visitors and was able to spend considerable time at each without the distracting crowding I encountered at sunset at the Taj Mahal.