My husband and I are scrambling to put together an itinerary to Vietnam, Bali and Hong Kong for departure next month. Here is what I've worked out so far, any input would be greatly appreciated!
7/16 evening: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City. Spend 1.5 days.
7/18 fly to Hanoi. Spend 5 days in and around Hanoi, Halong Bay.
7/24 fly to Bali. Spend 2.5 days in Bali.
7/27 fly to Hong Kong. Spend 3 days in Hong Kong.
7/31 fly home.
Some notes: I would have preferred to fly directly to Hanoi and skip HCM this time around but we are booking with miles and that doesn't seem to be possible right now.
After writing this out I am thinking it may make sense to fly out of Hanoi on 7/23 instead of 7/24 to give us an extra day in Bali.
I should also tell you a bit about us: We are interested in a combination of active and relaxing experiences, good food, meeting new people and learning about the culture and history of the places we visit.
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 2 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 3 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 4 need your help with japan itinerary
- 5 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 6 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 7 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 8 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 9 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 10 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 11 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 12 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 13 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 14 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 15 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 16 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 17 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 18 Wat Arun
- 19 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 20 Miyajima Island
- 21 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 22 Vientiane to LP December
- 23 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 24 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 25 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko