ISLAND HOPPING IN THAILAND

Old Jan 20th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ISLAND HOPPING IN THAILAND

Hi
I'm visiting Thailand in November and have only got a return flight to Bangkok so thought it would be a good idea to island hopp for a few weeks.
I've decided on some islands that i would like to visit and i was wondering if anyone out there has got any advice for me - planning on going to
Phuket - Phi Phi - Koh Lanta - Khao Lak and Krabi and then back to Bangkok for return flight back to UK.
I'm having trouble deciding on where to start and finsih especially with getting to a from the islands.
Can anyone help me???

Cheers Guys
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 10:45 AM

Have a look at http://www.travelfish.org/islands.php lots of good info on Thai islands. We did some island hopping a couple of years ago which took us down the Andaman coast from Had Yao to Penang. Try and seek out some of the smaller, less developed islands. Phuket is way too busy for my taste but has some wold class resort hotels if that is what you are looking for.

Khao Lak is not an island but is a good base from which to visit the Similan and Surin islands which have v. good diving.

Koh Libong is nice but very quiet and it is very easy to get ferries from and to the many other island in the vicinity
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

Hi
Thanks for that i'm going to check out that website.
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 02:06 PM

krabi is also not an island...
seems to me the best place to fly into would be phuket....from there it is easy to go to all those places....i am not sure about k lanta however....someone else can tell you about that...

best if you were to look at a map
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 05:58 PM

If one of your plan is to go diving/snorkeling then be aware that the best dive sites have been declared closed for an extended period. This is an effort to let the corals recuperate from bleaching and closure could last over a year.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/loca...ve-coral-reefs