Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Is transit visa necessary for flight connection in Moscow

Feb 13th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Original Poster

I have a question, iam going to Frankfurt from delhi on Aeroflot. i have to connect in Moscow, arriving at Sheremetyevo Terminal -F and departing from Sheremetyevo Terminal -D.

I will be in Germany for 1 week and then reverse the trip, again laying over in Moscow and switching from Sheremetyevo (Terminal -d to Terminal -F).

The question is: Does I need a transit visa because iam going from F to D? And can the return trip be on the same visa, or do I need to get two?

I'm very upset about this situation (the trip is less than 2 weeks) and is getting conflicting info from the airlines and the airports,

Any info you could provide will be very welcome!
Feb 13th, 2012, 12:37 PM

This is from the US embassy site, http://moscow.usembassy.gov/russian-visas.html:

Transit Visas: Travelers intending to transit through Russia en route to a third country must have a Russian transit visa. Even travelers who are simply changing planes in Moscow or another international airport in Russia for an onward destination will be asked to present a transit visa issued by a Russian Embassy or Consulate. Russian authorities may refuse to allow a U.S. citizen who does not have a transit visa to continue with his or her travel, obliging the person to immediately return to the point of embarkation at the traveler’s own expense.
May 28th, 2013, 04:11 AM

Coudl you confirm if finally you had to get transit Visa or not