Is it safe to go to Cebu or Bohol?

Apr 30th, 2002, 11:03 AM
janet

Is it safe to go to Cebu or Bohol?

Hi everybody. My husband and I and our toddler are going to the Philippines next February and since my husband wants great beaches and diving, we're thinking of going to Cebu or Bohol. We know that Mindanao, Palawan and Boracay are not safe to visit at this time so we would like your opinion if Cebu or Bohol are good alternatives. If it is, which have better beaches and diving, Cebu or Bohol? If its not safe, can you recommend other islands that we can visit that have what we're looking for. Could you also make some recommendations on lodging. We appreciate any information you can give us. Thanks so much.

May 2nd, 2002, 05:23 PM
Mel

Hi Janet. It is safe to go to either Cebu or Bohol. You shouldn't worry about your safety in these islands. I think though that Bohol has more pristine beaches than Cebu but you can also find good resorts in Cebu. If you want to have nice accomodations, I recommend Mactan Shangri-la in Cebu. Enjoy!

May 7th, 2002, 08:01 AM
olivia

Janet, I am from Cebu and I have been to Bohol. I keep close contact with my friends there. Cebu, Cebu city in particular, is a safe place. In fact my husband and I are going back there in October. Many of the very nice hotels in Cebu are located in Mactan island, which is where the airport is also. Other than Mactan Shangrila, there is also the Plantation Bay (recent than the former). You will have plenty of selcetion since tourism is one of Cebu's major industry. Bohol is a small island which takes approx 4 hours boat trip, or you may want to fly going there.

Jun 2nd, 2002, 02:57 AM
Jojo Baritua

Dear Janet;

Bohol is diffinitely a safe place to visit. I was born and grow in Cebu but since 1997 I move to Bohol when I started to developed the dolphin and whale watching tours in Pamilacan island. The home to the former whale hunters of the Philippines. Bohol has very nice white sand beaches and good dive sites, diving can be done in Pamilacan, Balicasag and around Panglao Island. Most of the diveshops in Cebu bring their guest to Pamilacan and Balicasag. We have good resorts in Bohol namely Panglao Island Nature Resort, Alona Palm Beach Resort and Bohol Beach Club plus a number of hotels in the city.

In Bohol you will see the tarsier(knownas the smallest monkey in the world), the Chocolate Hills, Loboc River Cruises, old churhes and other heritage sites and the dolphin and whale watching in Pamilacan. For more info you may visit us @ http://whales.bohol.ph/packages.php for our different packages in Bohol.

Jun 2nd, 2002, 02:59 AM
Jojo Baritua

Dear Janet;

Bohol is diffinitely a safe place to visit. I was born and grow in Cebu but since 1997 I move to Bohol when I started to developed the dolphin and whale watching tours in Pamilacan island. The home to the former whale hunters of the Philippines. Bohol has very nice white sand beaches and good dive sites, diving can be done in Pamilacan, Balicasag and around Panglao Island. Most of the diveshops in Cebu bring their guest to Pamilacan and Balicasag. We have good resorts in Bohol namely Panglao Island Nature Resort, Alona Palm Beach Resort and Bohol Beach Club plus a number of hotels in the city.

In Bohol you will see the tarsier(known as the smallest monkey in the world), the Chocolate Hills, Loboc River Cruises, old churhes and other heritage sites, caves and the dolphin and whale watching in Pamilacan. For more info you may visit us @ http://whales.bohol.ph/packages.php for our different packages in Bohol.

Oct 20th, 2006, 08:20 PM

Hi Janet,
I just came back from the island of Negros, near the town of Sipalay. As you're looking for a divers resort, please consider the Takatuka Lodge and Dive Resort. See Lonely Planet write up and see www.takatuka-lodge.com. The rooms are unique to say the least. The food served at the resort is the best in the area. One minor drawback is the 4.5 hour bus ride from Bacolod airport, which could be hard on your toddler. This is a beautiful beach with a western exposure for great sunsets. The husband and wife owners offer the best in island hospitality. This place is very UN-Boracay..no K-TV and bars here.