Search

Intra-Beijing travel q'ns

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2004, 11:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intra-Beijing travel q'ns

Hello,
How far are, respectively, are the Beijing Int. Exhibition Centre in Chaoyang from Wangfujing/Chaoyangmennan Xiaojie and Sanyuanqiao District from the same place.

FYI, I want to study at the TLI on Shijia Hutong, which is centrally placed and with metro stations nearby. I have the option of staying with families at Chaoyang, and also at Yuyuantan Park, near to CCTV. How far would that journey be. I notice from the map that CCTV is near to the same metro line that would take me to my school area.
Thanks!
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 05:15 AM

Would you tell me which metro station for TLI (What is the full name of TLI? I am not farmiliar with it.) Then I would know which place to stay would be more convenient for you to go to school.
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 10:34 PM
Original Poster

It is near Dongdan Metro station.
Old Aug 3rd, 2004, 06:54 AM

In terms of distance, I think both are about the same. In terms of transportaion, Yuyuantan would be more convinient, I think. I believe Beijing Int. Exhition Center is at the northeast corner of the 3rd ring road, which doesn't have metro connection. (There may be some new constructions going on in Beijing that I am not aware of. However, even if there is one, you still need to change to the circle line, then the east-west straight line to get to Dongdan.) For Yuyuantan, I think you can board at the Museum of Military station. After probably 8-9 stops, the metro will take you directly to Dongdan. Another plus of staying at Yuyuantan is that it is at the same metro line that runs through Tiananmen and Wangfujing, as you've already pointed out.
Hope this helps.
Old Aug 3rd, 2004, 06:59 AM

Another positive about Yuyuantan is that it is in a nicer and quieter area of Beijing, at least that is my memory. Things could have changed over the years though.
Old Aug 3rd, 2004, 08:52 AM

The Exhibition Center is just next door to the Beijing Zoo. Two subway stations (one for the circle line and another for the new Line 13) are a few short blocks away. The subway system is very efficient and easy to use.
Old Aug 3rd, 2004, 09:35 AM

Well, there is an Exhibition Center, next to the zoo in Haidian District, and there is an International Exhibition Center in Changyao District. I think Nigello is asking for the one in Chaoyang Disctict, am I right?
Old Aug 3rd, 2004, 09:42 AM

Sorry, I meant "Chaoyang" in my last posting. easy to misspell Pingyin.