Intra-Asia pass?

Jun 11th, 2000, 09:43 AM
Brigid

Intra-Asia pass?

My husband and I are planning a 3 month trip to Asia, and possibly some of the South Pacific from early Sept to early Dec. We don't have a firm itinerary yet, but are interested in:
Tonga-New Zealand-Australia-Papua New Guinea-Bali-Singapore-Malaysia-Thailand-Laos-Vietnam-Phillipines-Japan.

We KNOW this is too much to cover, but are still struggling with eliminating some places, so I have two questions:

1. Any input on how to make such hard decisions!!
2. Does anyone know of an airline that offers anything like an Intra-Asia Pass that would allow travel throughout much of the area? I know about the Cathay Pacific All Asia Pass, but it requires your entire itinerary be booked in advance and remain unchanged. We need some flexibility for when we find somewhere wonderful that we just can't leave, or conversely, somewhere we want to get out of quickly.

Thanks for your help.

Jun 13th, 2000, 06:59 AM
toom

Brigid,
I would recommend you to have 2 separate trips, one cover the pacific islands and Australia while the other one will be for SE asia and Japan. Each of which will have its charm and characteristics.

I have heard of Asean Routenet airfare, so you can fly one way between asean countries without starting the same point like Cathay does, but i don't really know whether the fare will be flexible to rearrange the booking. You can get some info from www.thaiair.com and ask your travel agent to clarify this.
Welcome to Asia.

Jun 24th, 2000, 11:26 AM
Brigid

Toom,

Thanks for your reply and the info/suggestions. I have been out of town for almost two wks and just now saw your reply. Will check into resources you suggested.

Brigid

Search this Thread