Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Input on Bangkok Hotels - Sukohothai, Regent, Penninsula? Le Meridien in Change Rai?

Input on Bangkok Hotels - Sukohothai, Regent, Penninsula? Le Meridien in Change Rai?

Old Sep 22nd, 2001, 10:58 PM
ArthurH

I will be in Bangkok in December. Does anyone have an opinion between these 3 hotels? The Sukhothai looks really beautiful, but I don't know if the location is bad (too far from the skytrain?).

Also, has anyone stayed at the Le Meridien in Chang Rai?? Input please?? Thanks much...

Old Sep 23rd, 2001, 04:14 AM
tom

Can't directly help but do a search putting in any of the hotel names and you will find info from past posters.

Old Sep 23rd, 2001, 04:18 AM
tom

also I found this web site good for general info
www.asia-hotels.com

Old Sep 23rd, 2001, 09:02 AM
Arthur

Thanks Tom, these were both great suggestions.. the hotel site that you mention is EXCELLENT for finding other folks reveiws on hotels.. it is a real gem!

Thanks again.. Arthur

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 05:27 AM
Colin Owen

Arthur,

the Le Meridien Baan Boran, Chiang Rai is a wonderful hotel. I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 night stay.

For photos and my travel journal of my Thailand trip, please feel welcome to read my report from the following web page.

http://www.bangor.ac.uk/~fos007/fb2b.htm

Have a marvellous time in Thailand !

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 06:01 AM
tom

Arthur
yes , you must read Colin's account- it is hilarious!!!!!

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 07:10 AM
Arthur

Thanks.. I did indeed take a look and found it all most enjoyable!! Best to all of you... Arthur

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 01:02 PM
lisa

Colin: Just finished reading your travel journal and must tell you how funny it was, even the questionable level of detail about your intestinal challenges. While I still want to go to Thailand, now I'm afraid to eat.

My favorite bit was the froggy entertainment.