2 Bedroom Accomodaton Thailand

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there. I am trying to put together a trip in Thailand. My 16 year old son will be accompanying myself and my husband. I have been looking for reasonable - but as nice as possible of course - accomodation for everything from Bangkok, Koh Samui, Phuket, Phi Phi and down to Malaysia. We have 3 weeks so its getting kind of expensive getting two separate rooms. I saw some really nice home rentals at Tamarind Resort in Koh Samui and another one called The Headland Villas in Samui for about $160 a night total but I am a little wary.

If anybody has any info it would be a great help! Thanks.
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 01:51 PM

In Bangkok, try a two bedroom serviced apartment like Somerset Lakepoint. We have been very pleased and the cost is far less than two hotel rooms. Don't know about the other places, but in Phuket, the Chedi has 2 bdrm cottages which are nice.
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

dywong - Thank You! The Somerset Lakepoint looks great for us and very reasonable. I hope they will allow me to book for just 2 or 3 nights.
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 03:32 PM

The Centre Point Silom in Bangkok, very near to the Shangri La, also has 2-BR apartments. The 1-BR units allow for an extra bed or cot. Prices are very reasonable and it comes highly recommended by someone regularly posting on the threads. I haven't been there yet but I do have a room booked.

Old Sep 18th, 2003, 08:36 PM

take a look at peace resort in samui...www.peaceresort.com.....jamesA, a frequent poster has suggested it after a recent stay and we have made reservations as well as a poster named fiona who stayed there this summer....its at samui.....

many people take apartments in bangkok, but i don't know about them....some places have "family rooms", like in europe, but i think they are limited....
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 08:39 PM

have you thought about bidding on priceline??? i just got some wonderful deals for europe and plan to try for thailand next spring...people got the shangra-la bangkok for as little as $55 this summer and the marriott regularily for $41.....read www.biddingfortravel.com, first to understand priceline.....its a seperate but companion site which helps you....scroll down to hotels and see asia site---read it all
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 08:13 AM

You're welcome. They do offer daily rentals and, by the way, the price also includes a buffet breakfast and free use of their own tuk tuk to anywhere local-we generally used it to get to the Emporium where you can also catch the skytrain.
As someone else mentioned, there are other apartments like Centre Point, Park Place, Oakwood, etc. but this one is a bit more cozy and close to everything- more important to my wife, it also has a clothes washer/dryer. Have a great trip.
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 01:37 PM

couldn?t
Old Sep 21st, 2003, 10:28 PM

You have not said what time of year you plan to travel. As a guide low season (may-Oct) US$30-40 will get you a good clean decent hotel with pool, so 2 rooms would only cost you $ 60-80. High season $100 a room is enough for a very good place, so in the region of 60-80 a room you will still have good accommodation. Remember that the accommodation available locally is vast, I could probably reel-off 70-80 good hotels in Bangkok but many overseas agents only have a far smaller amount.

Try this local Thai site, hundreds of hotels, accommodations, quite a few apartments too. At Kamala beach in Phuket there are some lovely new self-catering apartments that are cheap and great value, I'll check my note book later with the details, ideal if you are going with your teenage son, he won't really want to share with mom & Pop!

www.balithai.20m.com, check the reviews and tiops too.
Old Sep 21st, 2003, 10:34 PM

The place at Kamala Beach Phuket is called 'Kamala Dreams', studios, small almost guesthouse place but very clean, newly decorated, price varies $40-60, close to beach. In the Kata/Karon Beach area of Phuket you can find sometimes Condo Apartments for weekly rental, nice places, around $100 self catering with kitchen etc in complexes with pools. A friend owns one there and I had the luck to stay there last weekend, they rent for up to max $100 a night for 4 persons, so there are bargains to be found!, and that's High Season.
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone! I am planning to go next June/July. We have no decided to drive the whle way down (that will probably change a milliion times). I am really tempted to just wing it apart from the city accomodation and just try book in where ever we think is nice? DO you think there is more lee-way last minute or its advisable to book?