Narita Airport to Shinjuku

Old Feb 21st, 2017, 05:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Narita Airport to Shinjuku

What would be the most efficient way to go from Narita Airport to our hotel in Shinjuku district?
We are looking at late August,
Is there an airport shuttle?
How about the Train? or Taxi?
Private or shared ride?
And what would be the approximate cost?
Thanks for your help in advance!
Old Feb 21st, 2017, 06:07 AM

Limousine bus service:

https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/bu.../shinjuku.html
Old Feb 21st, 2017, 07:21 AM

I agree with shele. A taxi or car service would be in excess of $200. We took the limo bus which worked well, as our hotel was one of their stops. While you could take the train, I would not want to enter Tokyo on my first visit via Shinjuku Station!
Old Feb 21st, 2017, 10:24 AM

I'm going to make that three votes for the limousine service. It's pleasant and easy, especially when you're tired. They put your luggage in the "belly" of the limousine so you don't have to lug it onto the bus. The scenery through the countryside is also nice.
Old Feb 21st, 2017, 11:17 AM

What hotel in Shinjuku are you staying at?
Old Feb 21st, 2017, 07:15 PM
mjs

The limo bus service is the easiest if your hotel is on the service route. The train is faster and leaves from the station under the terminal. I believe the costs are not that different, but I do not remember the amount, maybe around 3000 yen? There are cheaper alternatives both by bus or train but they require changes and are slower.
Old Feb 26th, 2017, 09:52 PM
Original Poster

Thank you every one for the input.

We are booked at Keio Plaza Hotel. I will definitely check out the Limo bus service.

Is it something that I can pre-book?

Is it easy to get to the "pick-up" point? I notice that Keio Plaza Hotel is on their route.

Would language be a problem at the airport to get direction?
Old Feb 27th, 2017, 03:18 AM
mjs

Take the limo. Have never had to pre book. Have never stayed at the Keio Plaza but its a large hotel on the west side of the train station. I assume that the pick up point is in front of the hotel. Cannot answer your question about language being a problem at the airport but I doubt it.
Old Feb 27th, 2017, 03:19 AM
mjs

Its going to be really hot so the limo should be door to door.
Old Feb 27th, 2017, 08:05 AM

One of the great pleasures of travelling in Japan is the efficiency of the infrastructure, as well as the kindness of the people who want to help make your journey more pleasant. That being said, you will have absolutely no trouble finding the limo at the airport.

First, find the ticket booth, and there you can pre pay, and they will tell you what bus downstairs you will take. When you go downstairs, you will see the numbers clearly on the signs, and you simply stand by that sign until the bus comes. Then, the guys take your bus ticket, grab your luggage, and give you a luggage train receipt.

I would say Japan gets the #1 award for me for ease of travel. I don't have to plan out my logistics in as much detail as other countries, as I know that there is always a logical sequence of events to get from point A to B, and there is always plenty of help.
Old Feb 27th, 2017, 08:32 AM

Oops, I meant "luggage claim ticket", not train ticket. And there are lots of people downstairs to help you find the right bus. And also, the driver will tell you your stop. It's all quite relaxing.
Old Feb 27th, 2017, 09:36 AM

>>Is it something that I can pre-book?
It looks like no seat reservation are available on arrival. Maybe you get one when get your ticket at the counter. The schedule, if it fits yours, is frequent enough that I would not be concerned about getting on the next one.
Schedule for you: http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/pla...x/2/18#reserve

You can get a voucher in advance and get a nice discount on a return trip and there are some other offers mentioned here:
http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/inf...sitor_tickets/

>>Is it easy to get to the "pick-up" point?
Yes

>>Would language be a problem at the airport to get direction?

No, not at all. Limo bus tickets are sold at the airport every day to non-Japanese going to Keio Plaza Hotel. You understand English so it will work out.
Old Feb 27th, 2017, 12:54 PM

There are no reserved seats on these types of buses. Ours was almost empty.

I forgot to mention, since your suitcase is tagged for your specific stop, the baggage guys at your stop will pull out your luggage. If you happen to fall asleep, and you don't hear the driver telling the stop, the bus will not move on until they find you on the bus, and get you off. It's all very scientific, with built in safeguards.
Old Feb 28th, 2017, 01:38 PM

We actually took a cab to Shinjuku (Hyatt) for 175 as I recall. This was 2014. So about 110 more than limo bus for two but we preferred a straight shot after our long flight from Toronto.

BTW if you have even a passing interest in baseball take in a game there preferably at old style Jingu stadium. It's amazing, lots of fun.
Old May 6th, 2017, 10:50 PM
Original Poster

Larry, what did you do for the trip from the hotel to the port? Can't seem to find anything reasonable. I got quotes from 350 USD and up.
Old May 7th, 2017, 01:32 AM

Thats a head scratcher. The hotel got us a cab and it was about $150.00 which was approx. the quote the hotel told us it would be. Where are you getting those kind of number from?

This is the port of Yokohama, correct?
Old May 7th, 2017, 01:34 AM

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/tokyo/...ma+cruise+port
Old May 7th, 2017, 01:43 AM

https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main....58,139.6223132
Old May 9th, 2017, 03:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Larry. Based on your 2 links, the taxi fare ranged from 10,000 to 12,000 Yen which is about $100 USD give or take. Mot sure the exchange rate was back then when you were there, but the Yen had devalued a bit since. I would hope the taxi drive would speak at least broken English?

A shared ride is 5800 Yen per person so I might as well take a cab, call it a day and not worry about it.

Here is the info on a shared shuttle service to the port:
https://www.greentomato-j.com/eng/sh...ma_seaport.php

Did you remember which hotel you stayed at?
Old May 9th, 2017, 03:48 AM
Original Poster

Larry, is this the crusie terminal?
Osanbashi Yokohama International Passenger Terminal

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -