COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

India trip cancelled

Old Mar 17th, 2020, 07:43 PM
Original Poster

India trip cancelled

As seniors in an at risk category, I cancelled our November trip to India yesterday.
Old Mar 17th, 2020, 08:08 PM

That is sad Was the deadline this far out? If it was me I might have waited a few months to see where this thing is going. But I'm sure you made the best decision for the two of you. Best wishes.
Old Mar 18th, 2020, 07:52 AM

Iím sorry Bob. I know how you feel. Iím in the process of canceling our trip to Bangkok and Vietnam that was set to begin a week from tomorrow. Hopefully we can all take our trips sometime later this year.
Old Mar 18th, 2020, 10:46 AM
Ian

Sorry to hear. We have a trip 1/2 booked for the same month to India as well. While we haven't cancelled yet, we have suspended new bookings & we are on hold.

Our next short trip - British Columbia in June - is looking doubtful. I booked it to use up travel points before they expire. Since I don't travel for business anymore, I don't earn them.
Old Mar 18th, 2020, 01:05 PM

Too bad but best to wait I think.
Old Mar 18th, 2020, 05:25 PM

The airline cancelled my flight. Offered full refund. Now, cannot escape current venue.

Could be much, much worse. So, no complaints from me.

An old tune but 'look for the silver lining'. Not familiar, look here:
Old Mar 18th, 2020, 07:35 PM

Bob, I'm sorry to hear that you and Karen had to can cel your India trip. And Laurico, I'm sorry you had to cancel your SE Asia trip - I was looking forward to your report!

We are at the epicenter of the US epidemic, so we are "sheltering in place." No talk of travel - we are pretty much restricted to our house.
Old Mar 19th, 2020, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
Bob, I'm sorry to hear that you and Karen had to can cel your India trip. And Laurico, I'm sorry you had to cancel your SE Asia trip - I was looking forward to your report!

We are at the epicenter of the US epidemic, so we are "sheltering in place." No talk of travel - we are pretty much restricted to our house.
Thanks Kathie.

I think we are now at the center here in NY. NY has more cases than anywhere else in the country and the cases here in NYC are growing exponentially now that there is more widespread testing. I wish we would shelter in place. The entire country should shelter in place for a couple of weeks to try and stem the spread.