Just beginning to look at traveling to China next fall...and an article I've saved from CondeNast Traverler (2008?) "Iconic Itineraries: 12 perfect days in Classic China" extols the virtues of booking through Abercrobie & Kent's Hong Kong Ofc, specifically with Gerald Hatherly. I really like the sounds of this itinerary and wonder if anyone has booked through him or A & K's Hong Kong office. We really would prefer to travel independently, but I also don't want the hassles of trying to do this myself this time. I had originally thought of booking through one of the companies (Viking, Uniworld) who combine a Yangtze river cruise with a land tour, but now I"m reading that a river cruise is kind of a waste of time and not that great. We really hate bus tour groups so are reluctant to be part of one. I originally thought it was unavoidable, if we're on a river tour. All you China experts, please chime in! Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AOL 1:855 :843:8475 Installation Err0r Tec*h Sup0rt CONTACT AOL 24by7
- 2 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 3 5 days in Singapore
- 4 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 5 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 6 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 7 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 8 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 9 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 10 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 11 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 12 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 13 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 14 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 15 Wat Arun
- 16 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 17 Miyajima Island
- 18 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 19 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 20 Vientiane to LP December
- 21 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 22 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 23 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 24 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 25 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
"Independent" Travel w/ Abercrombie & Kent: Hong Kong ofc?