Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Imperial in Dehli $129? (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/imperial-in-dehli-129-a-574800/)

hammail Dec 6th, 2005 10:43 AM

Imperial in Dehli $129?

I saw a quote on a post recently of $129? Is that included with a tour? I have reservations directly from the hotel on hold for $315 per nite. No tour included, but am I getting ripped off by the hotel? Because that kind of discrepency at least in my definition is a rip off. (We still have time to cancel)

BostonHarbor Dec 6th, 2005 01:36 PM

Depends on when you are going and what level room you have. If it is over Christmas, you are going to pay $315. They are sold out. I am on a waiting list for Dec. 20th, and I would gladly pay $315 so that I wouldn't have to transfer to the Oberoi (let me know if you cancel for the 20th ;-).

If you go when it is 100+ degrees, you can probably pay even less than $129. They have a short tourist season and make money when they can.

Make sure you have another room booked before you cancel if you are talking time between Dec. 20 and Jan 6th. You might try the Delhi Oberoi, it is quite a bit cheaper right now. They may still have rooms, but the location is not as good.

Others probably know of other hotels that would still have rooms, but the good ones are pretty booked.

BostonHarbor Dec 7th, 2005 03:15 PM

We just got off the waiting list and have a room for Dec. 20. You might want to go online and put in your dates. Seems some dates just came available and there are Imperial rooms available for $199 within the next two weeks.

rhkkmk Dec 7th, 2005 06:55 PM

i believe that posting was from divediva who was there in august....they should have paid her $129 to be in india in august...

shazip Dec 7th, 2005 08:07 PM

We managed to get a discount on the corporate rate for $250 (Heritage room)at the Imperial over new years. We managed this through a personal business colleague in Delhi. When I tried on my own I could come up with nothing less than $315-$360.

lcuy Dec 16th, 2005 02:12 AM

I had the $129 hotel in August. It was listed under promotions on their own web site. You had to book at least 4 days.

Two weeks ago I paid $259 per night (Nov 30-Dec 3), and on Dec 12 I paid $150 for a room from 1:30 pm to 8:30PM.

And regarding Aug weather, It was very hot, but I found it a lot less "hot" than Bangkok in December! Most of the time we were in AC rooms or cars, and at the monuments I used an umbrella. This past two weeks, we were miserably cold a lot of the time.

rhkkmk Dec 16th, 2005 06:28 AM

lucy---knew it was one of those hawaii gals that was there in august---you and not dive i guess....sorry i mixed you up....

anxiously awaiting some info on this last leg of your trip....

hope you are well and will enjoy the holiday season

bob

WinterTravel Dec 16th, 2005 08:15 AM

For those booking the Imperial, it is worth continuing to check the website periodically. We booked several months ago and happened to check the website this week -- the rates were lower, so we changed our booking. Worth looking from time to time if as your trip approaches...

hammail Dec 26th, 2005 05:15 PM

We have two nights at the higher rates mentioned. Every other trip we've been on, we book a room for one night and then scout and plan with a concierge while we're there. This includes, Thailand, Cambodia, Rio, Turkey, Cairo, ad Costa Rica. We were told however that no country on this planet is quite like Inida and that we could be in big trouble if we didn't book ahead. So for a two week visit, and against every instinct developed so far, we've booked the first five nights. The last 8 days are yet to be planned. We are going late Jan. so I know we are at risk, but I can't imagine we won't be ok.