I 'm planning a 3 week backpacking trip next month, between Guangzhou and Yunnan, and would be greatfull to hear your suggestions or experiences about that, to form an initial rough idea about places to visit around there and in between, so to balance time wisely over this big area
We 'll be 2 people travelling, without tourist package, just independently, mostly public transport (by train most of it, hopefully) plus a daytrip here or there with local travel agency, if necessary to get the most out of this time frame.
We don't speak a word of chinese language, so this is going to be a big obstacle, and slow us down a bit, I'm afraid...
Great interests would be traditional villages, temples, nature, hiking...
(I 've been to east China and Hong Kong - Macau over earlirer trip, so not going that way now).
All suggestions for a low cost sensible itinerary are very very welcome!!!
many thanks to all!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 two health related questions
- 2 Please Help First-Timers to India!
- 3 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 4 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 5 Mongolia - Blue Silk Travel
- 6 Nha Trang,Vn taxi
- 7 4 nights in Himalayas - Bhutan,Nepal, India?
- 8 Bago or Golden rock
- 9 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 10 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 11 Bangkok
- 12 Sri Lanka compared to southern India, which do you prefer?
- 13 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 14 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 15 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 16 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 17 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 18 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 19 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 20 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 21 Sulawesi
- 22 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 23 8 Days in Bali
- 24 Princess Cruise
- 25 Best day trip from Phuket