My husband and I are traveling to Japan in mid-May for 10 days. We plan on doing a couple of days in Tokyo and a couple in Kyoto. I wanted to finish the trip with something relaxing. Originally I was thinking of maybe a seaside ryokan. But the only place I really see close to Tokyo (since we have to fly out of there at the end of our trip) is Shirahama. So, here are my questions:
1. Is Shirahama a built-up city? I want a small, cute beachy scene or something with gorgeous turquoise water which I'm afraid I will only get in Okinawa (maybe next time!).
2. Should I consider mountain onsen/ryokan experiences instead of beach ones to unwind at the end of our trip? If so, what towns? It kind of sounds like Hakone is a good one except hard to get to.
3. Speaking of mountains, are there certain towns (I heard in the mountains) where it's easy to spot wild monkeys?
I'm trying to find a way to unwind that is somewhat nearby Tokyo as I want to spend a night or two of just relaxing before heading back on our flight and 20+ hours of travel. But, I'm not really into the cosmopolitan scene and we will have gotten our fill our city life from Tokyo in the beginning. Your suggestions? I appreciate any help you can give me!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 We help you live your dreams.
- 2 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 3 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 4 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 5 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 6 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 7 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 8 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 9 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 10 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 11 Wat Arun
- 12 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 13 Miyajima Island
- 14 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 15 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 16 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 17 Vientiane to LP December
- 18 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 19 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 20 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 21 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 22 5 days in Singapore
- 23 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 24 Shanghai in January
- 25 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do