My husband and I are thinking of taking a 10 trip to somewhere in Asia from NZ over Easter (2014). We are in our 20s, have travelled in Asia before and would prefer to travel somewhere we haven’t been before, which takes out Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. We have been considering Taiwan and Hong Kong, but are very open to other suggestions. We have also thought about the Philippines, but have heard that Easter is not a very good time to visit there due to crowds and inflated prices. We definitely want an ‘experience’ rather than just going to lie on a beach somewhere, but are happy to consider a wide range of holiday types. I do enjoy my basic comforts though! We are also looking for somewhere on the cheaper side, which will probably exclude Japan. It needs to be somewhere easily accessible from New Zealand, so nowhere too remote where just getting there will eat up half the holiday, but we’re happy to travel once or twice once we get there, as long as the trips are short.
Look forward to hearing some suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Wat Arun
- 2 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 3 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 4 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 5 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 6 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 7 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 8 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 9 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 10 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 11 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 12 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 13 Vientiane to LP December
- 14 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 15 5 days in Singapore
- 16 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 17 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 18 Shanghai in January
- 19 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 20 Myanmar tour companies
- 21 Luang Prabang for Christmas which Hotel?
- 22 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka
- 23 Top Things to do in Amazing Bali - Travel Report
- 24 Advice On 15 Day Trip To Taiwan, Vietnam & Laos?
- 25 We did it! -4 weeks of independent travel in China - a detailed report