Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Ideal place in Krabi, is it possible Phra Nang Inn ? (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/ideal-place-in-krabi-is-it-possible-phra-nang-inn-560625/)

Ja_ka Sep 25th, 2005 05:07 AM

Ideal place in Krabi, is it possible Phra Nang Inn ?

I see interesting the messages and replies posed by Fodorites especially on the topic of where to stay in Krabi. So here I am, asking for help.

I am Thai but I have been to Krabi only twice; one was a short visit and overnight stay at Krabi Resort and another was some days at Phi-Phi island.

I have surfed to find an ideal place to stay for my next visit. This will be a meaningful one as my boyfriend will travel across the world to spend vacation there. I chose at last Phra Nang Inn as I like its tropical-style decoration amidst under tree shades as seen in websites. Yet this resort with its junior suite facing the sea is so attractive. When having beach vacation, I expect so much to stay by the beach. Moreover, it is conveniently located in tourist area at walking distance to restaurants, and shops.

Could anyone..westerners in particular who know best about Ao Nang kindly confirm my choice is the right one ? I expect those who gave clear answers to the question about where to stay in Krabi to do me a favour please. I did not chose the recommened Ao Nang Villa because its rooms are not close to the sea. With the criteria I quoted, if Phra Nang Inn is exactly what I am looking for ?

I also plan to stay overnight at Sand Sea Resort in Railey for a quiet relax. I do not expect to stay more days in the secluded Railey as I need to connect to other areas easily and Ao Nang is again qualified.

I would appreciate so much for any comment on this. We will arrive there in late October.

Ja_ka

Lyndie Sep 26th, 2005 01:23 AM

Railay was badly damaged by the tsunami in Dec 2004. I am not certain the accommodation at Railay has been restored. Ao Nang Villa is directly opposite and accross a small street (20-40 metres) to Ao Nang Beach and is a spectacular property. I would choose Ao Nang Villa over all other properties I saw on 10 Dec 2004.

Ja_ka Sep 26th, 2005 05:29 AM

Dear Lyndie,

Thank you so much for your comment. I will consider Ao Nang Villa as the place for our stay especially when you quoted it as spectacular. I checked hotels in Railey and found they have already been renovated. It was reported in railey.com that the damages were only thier beachfront restaurants or so. There was no report of tourists killed there by Tsunami as on Phi-Phi island. I do not expect to stay in the place that was tragic lately. I hope the report is true ?

Thanks so much
Ja-Ka

Lyndie Sep 26th, 2005 08:39 PM

Hi Ja-Ka. Ao Nang Beach is not all that spectacular. If you are looking for great beaches then maybe Koh Samui might be nicer. Somewhere like Cheong Mon beach is a perfect choice. If you have your heart set on Krabi then Ao Nang Villa will certainly not disappoint you. It is a lovely property and I would not hesitate to stay there. I just think the beach is average compared to many others we've seen, in Asia. Shopping in Ao Nang is very good though. Good luck and have a wonderful holiday.

Lyndie Sep 26th, 2005 08:40 PM

Sorry-Choeng Mon is the correct spelling for Koh Samui's lovely beach.