Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   I Was Quoted in Thailand Book (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/i-was-quoted-in-thailand-book-803539/)

eurotraveller Aug 28th, 2009 12:43 PM

I Was Quoted in Thailand Book

I received an email today notifying me that I was quoted in the Thailand book and that I get a free copy of my choice. They provided a link that was supposed to lead me to my quote but the link lead me to a blank page.

I searched this site trying to find it but without success. Other than going to a book store to search through the Thailand Fodor's book, is there another way to find my quote?

Thanks!

ms_go Aug 28th, 2009 12:52 PM

If you email Katie, she'll send you the quote.

I was quoted, too--although it might really be mr_go's quote, as he did a bit more of the writing for our trip report, and I did more of the posting. But, that's okay; we work as a team.

Now, to figure out which book to order. That will mean thinking several vacations out...

Kathie Aug 28th, 2009 01:14 PM

Yes, I was quoted, too. I always wonder what they quoted...

Craig Aug 28th, 2009 01:25 PM

I was quoted in the India book which I ordered and received - that's how I found out what my quote was.

filmwill Aug 28th, 2009 02:32 PM

<Sigh> Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. :)

hawaiiantraveler Aug 28th, 2009 02:47 PM

I had Katie send us the book I was quoted in.....Japan of course. It was kind of cool as two different quotes were used to introduce two separate chapters of their book, Mrs HT even got a mention.

Aloha!

Kathie Aug 28th, 2009 04:18 PM

After I was quoted in the China book, I had them send me the Thailand book. So I have the new edition and was able to locate three quotes from my postings here.

I had a good laugh - the most quoted poster is eks - from her trip report that took over a year to complete and for which Gpanda threatened her with all kinds of penalties! Clearly, quality made up for how long the report took.

eurotraveller Aug 28th, 2009 05:25 PM

I did email Kate but didn't hear back. Just thought I would ask here as the link she sent me that didn't work was a fodors link.

Guess I will just wait to hear back!

Cheers!

crellston Aug 29th, 2009 03:37 AM

Me too - so many guides to choose from!!

Katie_H Aug 29th, 2009 05:16 AM

Hi eurotraveller--eeks-I'm so embarrassed the link is not working. I'm sure there will be many confused Fodorites. I will fix this next week when I am in (and I'll get back to you with your quote). I send the emails out in large batches so it takes time to respond to everyone so you may not hear from me until Tuesday but I'll get to it!

I hope everyone is having a super weekend thus far.

eurotraveller Aug 30th, 2009 03:32 PM

Thanks Kate! I look forward to hearing back from you, hopefully by Tuesday.

Cheers!

eurotraveller Sep 1st, 2009 08:12 PM

Hi Kate,

I haven't received a reply to my email about my quote, nor is there any info here about it. you had said in the post above that I would hear something today? Please don't keep me hanging! :-)

ms_go Sep 2nd, 2009 02:42 AM

eurotraveller, I was in the bookstore on Sunday and flipped through the book looking for my quote and remember seeing yours as well (since I'd already seen this thread). I don't recall the wording, but it was something about deciding to stay in Kanchanaburi longer (and/or liking it; hope I got that right!!). It's at the beginning of one of the early chapters in the book.

rhkkmk Sep 2nd, 2009 04:53 AM

i too was quoted.... mine was about giving eurotraveller a hard time

eurotraveller Sep 2nd, 2009 06:26 AM

rhkkmk, lol! I haven't been on this Thai forum for a while so it must have been fun to reminisce!

trippinkpj Sep 2nd, 2009 07:54 AM

I have received a reply from Katie about my quote from Friday. I'm thinking they are backed up with emails.

Nywoman Sep 2nd, 2009 08:56 AM

I was quoted in the new China book and ordered the Thailand book. Congratulations to all of us.

dogster Sep 2nd, 2009 09:35 AM

Nobody ever quotes me. Why is that? lol lol lol.

Do the Fodor's editors NOT want to know where to go to buy charas in Kolkata, get a tongue job in Mumbai, how to get yourself thrown in the Ganges in Varanasi? Ptooey.

No style.

rhkkmk Sep 2nd, 2009 10:33 AM

we are famous and poor