Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

I Waited too Long and the Flights BKK to Siem Reap are Sold Out!!

Dec 26th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

I can't believe it...Last night before i went to bed i checked availability from March 24 to March 27 and today they are sold out..So now i don't know what to do!! Help! Is BKK Airways the only airline that fly's to Siem Reap??
Dec 26th, 2005, 02:17 PM

Fly to Phenom Penh and take the river ferry to Siem Reap? Just an idea...
Dec 26th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

But now i am beginning to wonder..I put any date in and their website shows that it is sold out..Maybe there is a problem with their website at the moment..I sure hope so..If anyone else reads this can you try it for me from your computer on the Bkk Airways website..March 24 to March 27 for 2 adults from BKK to Siem Reap...Thanks.
Dec 26th, 2005, 03:46 PM

One other thing to try, Tracy, is to contact Eddie at the AmEx office in Bangkok. He can get tickets for you, will allow you to use a credit card for no charge and will deliver the tickets to your hotel in Bangkok. Email him at [email protected]

This route is popolar, and Bangkok Air is the only airline that flies non-stop from Bangkok to Siem Reap.
Dec 26th, 2005, 03:56 PM

You can call Bangkok Airways. They have an 800 number, so it's free in the US.
Dec 26th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks but i am pretty sure that Bangkok Airways website is down..I have put in all sorts of dates, and they all show not available..Maybe they are raising there prices for 2006!! It would just be my luck..If i can't get it to work by tonite, i will try the 800 number..Kathie, as for contacting AMex in BKK, we aren't going to BKK until after Siem Reap..We are arriving on a flight from Mumbai, and hoping to transfer to a flight later that day...
Dec 26th, 2005, 04:05 PM

Oops - the Am Ex office in BKK won't work then. You're probably right that the site is just down. Do let us know when your tickets go through.
Dec 26th, 2005, 05:09 PM

he would air ship the tickets to your home---eddie that is, or to your hotel in mumbai (not suggested)...

i suspect that maybe there is a system problem...i booked all my flights, save one, on bkk air using the phone number...its 24/7...in fact you often talk to a call center in india....
Dec 26th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Original Poster

The panic is now off..The website is now working and i have booked my tickets from BKK to Siem Reap!!! Now for step 6!! So we will have 5.5 days in BKK...We were there in 1995...Did most of the touristy stuff then, but still want to go back to the Royal Palace, Floating Market, shopping, probably the clong tour...What else should we do?? Would like some time for just lounging around the pool as well.Any suggestions appreciated from those of you whom have travelled there recently..
Dec 26th, 2005, 05:18 PM

I was going to suggest leveraging the unforeseen circumstances and take an unforgettable visit to Phnom Penh.
Dec 26th, 2005, 06:12 PM

Tracy, take a look at my recent Bangkok Trip report. A couple of suggestions: spa treatments at Face, consider a visit to the Prasart Museum (check out the photos at www.marlandc.com) and eat at lots of wonderfuly restaurants. The most memorable this trip was the China House for heavenly Peking Duck!

Also, I typically make a stop at the Erawan Shrine, I love the Jim Thompson House (and of course, have to make a trip to the outlet store!). I'm not a fan of the floating market or the weekend market or the night markets, but I still find plenty of shopping to do. Visit my favorite jewelry store if you're in the market for fine jewelry.. use my name (Kathie from Seattle) and the price will drop to "wholesale." SJ International - call them for pick up at your hotel.
Dec 26th, 2005, 07:35 PM

Tracey,

I can really recommend a bicycle tour with Mr. Co van Kessel. Mr. Co is a Dutchman organizing biking trips in Bangkok for over 15 years or so already. Weird type of guy but very nice and knows everything about Bangkok. We did a half day tour with him starting early morning and ending around noon. Great way to explore the unbeaten tracks in Bangkok. We went to parts of Bangkok where we did not see any other tourists. He has a website but it is not always working. (www.amazingbangkokcyclist.com). You can reach him on the following e-mail addres: [email protected]

Steve
Dec 26th, 2005, 07:47 PM

For shopping visit the Lumpini Night Bazaar (much better than the Patpong Night Market which you may have visited on your last trip), MBK of course is always interesting and the new upscale Siam Paragon Mall (just opened) While there see Bangkok's newest attraction Siam Ocean World on the lower floors. Have lunch at the Loft, one of the best food courts in Bangkok, located in the Central Department store at Chidlom.
Dec 26th, 2005, 07:48 PM

jim thompson house....it has changed quite a bit since 1995...enhanced...

the zoo is not bad....

Dec 26th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Original Poster

Lots of interesting suggestions..Where is the Lumpini Night Bazaar? Yes we were at the Patpong Night Bazaar in 95!! What are some other good markets/bazaars? I have not heard of the Jim Thompson House, have no idea what it is, i better look it up right now....The Loft sounds good, we love food courts..Bike trip sounds fun..I guess i will start reading about these things and have something planned before we leave..Or leave it wide open and just bum around!! Thanks.