Search

i taut i taw a puddy tat....IDI IDI...i taw a puddy tat....in bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i taut i taw a puddy tat....IDI IDI...i taw a puddy tat....in bangkok

i taut i taw a puddy tat

this past saturday i went to the thai craft fair at the ambassador hotel. alot of the items at the fair were from the fledging cottage businesses in the tsunami affected areas such as phuket. it opened at 10am, and i was there at 1035, it was packed, mostly women. i saw many nice items, but i cannot render an opinion as to the value of the items, as i am not a shopper, so i was unable to determine if the items were of good value. perhaps others who attended could provide some comments here.

since i had an 11am appointment, i had but 15 minutes to view as many items as i could. i picked up a tsunami t-shirt and a tissue box cover. while walking around, i saw another male, and i thought, my god, it looks like bob. however, not wanting to embarass myself as i have often done due to mistaken identity, i cautiously approached the table next to where he was standing, and called out bob! i was hoping he would turn around to see who was calling him, but got no reaction. i called again, bob! no reaction. then a lady came by to talk to him(his wife) and said to myself, ok, four ears are better than two, so i called out again, bob! no reaction, so i thought to myself, good move, ken, you didn't embarass yourself, it wasn't bob.

so, with time running out, i browsed around for a few minutes more, and came across this guy again. this time, i took out my palm, and did a profile search on "bob". my palm said he should be neatly dressed with long pants. sure enough, this guy had a polo shirt, and was wearing long pants. also, AHA AHA, bob wears sandals with his socks. sure enough, this guy was wearing sandals with his socks..had to be bob.

so, i again went to the table next to him, and without looking at him, i said, bob! no reaction. again, bob! no reaction. again, bob! no reaction.(three strikes and your out). so, it was certainly a case of mistaken identity. with my appointment coming up, i left.

IDID IDID taw a puddy tat!

on sunday afternoon, since i have never been to emporium, i decided to go there for a look see. man, that place is expensive, but the price was right at the cd warehouse. bought couple of cds there. on my was down getting off the escalator, who comes walking by but this bob looking guy with his thai grand daughter....no, just joking, he was with his wife. as he was about to get on the escalator, i looked at him and called bob! he stopped and looked at me, and i said bob again. he then came over and i extended my hand, saying roberto, its me. who, he asked? roberto, its me.. who else calls you roberto? who are you he asked again..kuranosuke.. who? kuranosuke..spell that, he asked(i guess he doesn't know italian), k u r a n o s u k e. ohhhh, your the guy from hawaii.....ah so, yes. and that was indeed his wife, karen(how did the beast get this beauty?)

we had a nice chat comparing notes, where to eat, and talking about all you fodorites(of course only nice things). after about 45 minutes, bob began shaking due to shopping withdrawl, so we said adieu, and he went up the escalator, and i went down, on to lotus for my durian cake.

bob, it was nice to meet and chat with you and your lovely wife. too bad we didn't have time for a beer. maybe next time, and we'll drag orgy with us, and james, hanuman,tangata, whoevers.
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 07:39 PM

wow thats crazy.. your like the TERMINATO but programed too find and meet fodorites.. man I don't know how you did it.. There seems too be hundreds of big older white guys with sandles walking around town. jeez know I wish I did not wear that red shirt (which has become a running joke) your internal fodorite detection systom would of picked me off just as easely..

Old Jun 15th, 2005, 07:55 PM

no Kuranosuke is the SPAMINATOR! Wow neat story! I'm now looking around my shoulders as I walk downtown Honolulu
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 10:07 PM

Not sure whether I believe any of this! Me being a natural sceptic and all.

Funniest post I've read for a month!
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 10:42 PM

what a great story...i was just thinking about bob and his huge absence from this board.

and kuranosuke...you are in hawaii??
which island?

is the craft fair going to be an ongoing event? we will be there in october...
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 01:36 AM
Original Poster

all, it took alot of effort to make up this story, but a lot more effort and resources to make this story true.

ht, be careful, i will be watching you as you take a bite of your natto maki.

orgy; no way i would have picked you out without your red t shirt, which you have worn on every occasion for the past four meetings, but who counting.

Old Jun 16th, 2005, 01:50 AM
Original Poster

divediva; i live in kaneohe, where they have the best thai restaurant, 1000 better than keos in waikiki.

i have more info on the craft fair, and an email address, so i will post it when i get organized from the last trip. there is another fair in july.

no doubt, my recent past experiences in bangkok has been strange, starting with my encounter with madame hoally of le dalat indochine on suk soi 23.
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 06:51 AM

I love reading both sides of this story!
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 08:25 AM

LOL! Good story, well told.
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 08:54 AM
emd

kuranosuke, you keep profiles of fodorites in your palm? hhhmmmm. I do not want to know what it says about me!

I still don't get how you knew it was him...of all the guys in the world, this one walks into the gin joint and you idenitfy him without ever seeing him before...
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 09:09 AM
emd

:-\ :-\
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

the next thai craft sale will be on August 6, at the ambassador hotel on suk soi 11. the website is www.thaicraft.org. email add= [email protected].

emd; all the ladies on this site is in my palm under kawaii onna. btw, i saw bobs pic on one of his photo sites a year ago, but it was still a challenge to make sure it was him.
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 11:12 AM
emd

oh shucks, I had convinced myself you had some very cool psychic powers...
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 10:28 PM

kuranosuke....
can i get the name and address of the thai restaurant? we are going to oahu next month for a family reunion and would love to check it out
mahalo
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

divediva; the name is chao phya thai restaurant, 45-480 kaneohe bay drive, ph. 235-3555. its in the windward city shopping center where they have a first hawaiian bank and foodland supermarket. the rest. is right next to starbucks.

wilson tunnel will be closed, so you will have to use the pali tunnel to get to kaneohe. the shopping center is located right on the corner of kam highway and likelike hwy.

tell mama toy(owner) you came all the way from maui, so you might make something special for you. once in awhile, she makes durian ice cream, yummy. btw, on sundays, she has a free dessert bar.
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 02:24 PM

durian icecream??? do we grow durian here? i am also looking to buy mangosteen trees...what a great fruit...
if you know of anyplace, please let me know...and i will tell mama toy i canoe'd all the way from maui for her pad thai
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

i understand we now grow durian on the big island. mama toy will be happy to see you.

btw, you can byob. you can buy your favorite beverage next door at foodland.
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 01:59 AM

hi divediva--

i saw a mangosteen tree for sale in honolulu at the garden shop (actual name has kaneohe or kailua or windward in it) in the strip mall off dillingham just past kokea, right on the canal. right by grocery outlet across original palama market, if that helps.

the tree was abt 3 feet high. i was told it wd bear fruit in 8 years, i think, w/ a lot of care. anyway, i was interested until that point.

if you REALLY want to eat your fill of mangosteen every single day, do what i did--go to southeast asia late may-early june. that's the season, and the only time it coincides in vietnam at least w/ my other favorite fruit: lychee.