I Can't Decide!!!!!!!

Search

I Can't Decide!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Can't Decide!!!!!!!

Where will I go? Shanghai or South Korea?
Old May 16th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Airlawgirl

How about neither? Choose Beijing- it's fascinating, sophisticated, historical (of course!) and very friendly. Shanghai is hot and traffic-choked, no one speaks English-and well, I just wouldn't recommend it for a first time trip to China. South Korea I can't speak on-but I know I wouldn't find it nearly as fascinating as China.

Old May 17th, 2004, 05:09 AM

Id choose S korea over shanghei just becouse shanghei has yet too finish many of the construction under way. while Saoul is basicly all finished in many ways.
Old May 17th, 2004, 06:28 AM

shanghai is a modern city like any other modern city.Near to shnaghai there are very nice tourist places like Suzhu,Hongzhou etc..to where you can visit in the morning and return by evening. In shanghai itself there is a famous Buddha temple made of Jade woryj seeing.
Sorry i don't know much of S.Korea as i have not visited.
Old May 18th, 2004, 04:53 PM

How long would you be going for? You can go to Beijing & Shanghai if you are there for a few days as it is only about an hour's flight between the two cities. Or you can also get an overnight train. There are also a few other cities within a few hours of Shanghai that are worth seeing, including Suzhou and Nanjing.

My preference between Beijing & Shanghai is definitely Shanghai as it is a much more happening place. If you are after more cultural aspects though, then Beijing is the place with the Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace etc.

South Korea is also very interesting (I'm not helping much in a decision here!). Seoul is ok for a day or two, but a trip to the DMZ is fascinating and it is also fun making your way out of the city & exploring the countryside a bit. It's a part of Asia that not many get to see. Yes, the travelling can be a bit challenging with language and everything, but that is part of the fun if you are not too uptight about things.

If you want a city vacation, then I would recommend Shanghai (with a trip to Beijing if you have time) and if you have a longer time, then try Korea.

Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy it...