Notices

Hyderabad India in September

Jul 29th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Original Poster

Hyderabad India in September

Any travelers to Hyderabad with tips for an American traveler? Never been to India. It will be for business. Travel tips, food tips, city shopping or dining, customs and dress tips would be appreciated.
Jul 29th, 2011, 09:46 PM

If you've never been to India you might start with a guidebook or two. There's probably a book on India in the "Culture Shock" series, too. For shopping and dining you should ask your colleagues - they live there. Dress - not too much skin.

I was in Hyderabad, not on business, last year. See http://mytimetotravel.wordpress.com/...ing-hyderabad/
Jul 29th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. Read your trip report. Beautiful pics. I will absolutely reach out to my new partners once there on shops and dining. There were so many books to pick from at the store that i was looking for favorites of folks in the know i guess. Have heard LP is good and will see about Culture Shock. Thanks again.
Jul 30th, 2011, 06:26 AM

I used Lonely Planet "South India", although it's strongest on logistics, which you don't really need. You might look for Footprints, too. Digging around online turned up this: http://chillibreeze.in/products-page...l-guide-ebook/

Although they're not guidebooks, William Dalrymple's books are well worth reading. The one I referenced on my blog was "The Age of Kali", and "The White Mughals" is set in Hyderabad.

I take it you've taken care of your visa?

Search this Thread