Hue: Restaurants & Night time Entertainment

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would appreciate recomendations on nice restaurants with a tropical/garden setting or river view. Also welcome places to have a drink or two and maybe catch a dance show or hear some music. Little too old for the backpacker crowd.

Anybody eaten at La Carambole or had drinks/dinner at the Morin hotel?
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

ttt - doesn't anybody go to Hue?
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 09:33 AM

Northshore,

The only recommendation I can give is the restaurant at Le Residence. The dinner and atmosphere at the outdoor restaurant on the purfume river was supurb.

Our 1 night stay in Hue was way tooo short and rushed.

I hope someone else will chime in.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Original Poster

sallyho, the restaurant at Le Residence is on my list. Thanks for identifying it.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 10:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't help with the river view request, but I did splurge on a meal at Tinh Gia Vien, where the presentation is really more important than the taste. Definitely an experience not to miss. See http://wikitravel.org/en/Hue#Eat. BTW, don't visit Hue without rain gear.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 11:10 AM

Hi, we just got back from Vietnam last month..In Hue it rained almost all the time..Anyhow..we ate at La Carambole one night..Supposedly it is Hue's most popular restaurant..It was very good and not expensive..I can't even remember what we ate, as we were gone for a month and i didn't write everything down..But i could recommend that restaurant, although it is not on the river..Very nicely decorated inside and very good food.

We also ate at our hotel one night, a buffet with entertainment, which was actually quite nice..Hotel Saigon Morin Restaurant. If it is not raining outside, there is a beautiful courtyard with a fountain in the middle which i guess is where the buffet is normally served...Unfortunately, we had to eat inside due to the rain..But i still highly recommend it..Actually i would highly recommend staying at the hotel, it is quite nice.

We got upgraded to an executive suite, which was amazing, u would have to see it to believe it..Anyhow..great view of the river and 2 balconies..it was the nicest room we have ever stayed in i am sure..(except one other hotel in India).

For cheap eats..try the Mandarin Cafe..It is dirt cheap and very popular with tourists. We ate there several times and really enjoyed it..

That is about it..We were there for 3 days and i felt that was enough, although really enjoyed our stay even in the rain!!!
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks thursdaysd and TracyB, I will pack an umbrella and light rain poncho just in case.
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 06:01 AM

We liked La Carambole a lot. Very lively and both the Vietnamese and western dishes were good. And the lemon sherbert for dessert was wonderful. We were there in December and also had a lot of rain, but not really a problem.
Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 06:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Jean. Hoping for dry weather.