Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

How to contact the Elegance Suites in BKK

Dec 11th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

We have reservations with the Elegance Suites for our arrival in BKK on 12.15.05 at midnight BKK time... well... I sent an email thru our reservation site (R34.org) to try to get a car to pick us up at the airport and they apparently did not even read the e mail at all as they responded to me saying they were sold out! I had said in the email that we already had a reservation and that I just needed the cost for a car pick up upon our arrival.

I have tried to search google and yahoo for a direct phone or fax # to the Elegance Suites with no luck.

Anyone have any advice or contact information that will help?? thanks.
Dec 11th, 2005, 07:23 PM

Why not use one of the airport limo services instead or Julie taxi?
Dec 11th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Original Poster

Hi Kathie...How do i hire the airport taxi service? I suppose this is just somthing we can arrange upon arrival at the airport? Any idea on aprx cost of a car hire to the Silom area... i think that is where the Elegance is located. I would appreciate any info you can offer.
The whole reason we got into this in the first place is that my husband heard from a friend that the line to get a taxi at the AP can be 45 minutes long...he REALLY would rather pay a hired car rate than wait in line after 24 plus hours of traveling...
Dec 11th, 2005, 08:22 PM

There are a few limo services at the airport - you just leave the restricted area and there will be a couple of people on the lookout to grab you.

This last trip the ordinary taxis were very busy (middle of the day) and so we got a car from Prabhirarb Transport Company and then used them 3 more times in and out of the city. They were very good. Cost was about 650Bt (compared to about 300 in an ordinary taxi) but a much nicer and very clean car - it depends on where you are in the city but Silom shouldn't be more than that unless they charge a night rate. You also have to pay the tolls if you use the tollway - 60 bt - problably not needed at the time of night you are using them. They have a fax number 02-5352634 and phone 02-5357567-8 - Can't find an email for them.

There are other companies - I'm sure Bob will list the one he usually uses which is very good and he may be able to give you their email.

After a very long journey it is really nice to have that car waiting!!
Dec 11th, 2005, 08:23 PM

Hi again - just found the website -

www.prabhirarb.com

that might give you better info.
Dec 12th, 2005, 08:12 AM

Yes, you can hire a limo on the spot. (Somehow I never get around to pre-arranging a limo, so I always hire them on the spot.) There is the one Mary gave you the info on (I used them this trip as well) and there is AAC limo, and there is Thai Limo (which is much more expensive). You can hire any of them on the spot or you can arrange for them in advance. The limo services use Volvos or Mercedes.
Dec 12th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for all the information!

Checked out the website Mary gave me... did you know that there is NO place to send an email!!? So i tried to fax them and it came back with an error message - UGH. I will try again or I will try one of Kathie's suggested limo services. I am sure it is not that difficult to secure a limo once we land in BKK I just wanted to know it was done before we fly off! I will keep trying.
Dec 12th, 2005, 04:25 PM

Heatherx - yes I looked up the site and thought it was just me not taking time to find the contact properly - silly when there is a "contact us" bit!

They may not be too efficient on the web but they will be on the ground so if you don't manage a contact until you arrive you'll still be just fine.

Also with the fax - did you make sure to put in all the international numbers bit - Last time I phoned Thailand for some reason (brain disfunction I think) I left out a vital bit and kept getting an error message - took me ages to realise what a stupid thing I was doing!!!!!!!!

I'm sure that Bob uses AAC mostly and I'm sure I've seen him say that he contacts them by email so try a search on them.
Dec 12th, 2005, 05:49 PM

i use AAC limo....they will respond quickly..

[email protected]

the price round trip is 1440 B to the other side of the river and about 100B less for in town hotels...

they are perfect in my book

they will wait for you in the hall outside the customs hall...turn left as you enter the outer hall and walk along until you see your name....ignor anyone who approaches you offering anything---many will...just keep walking and say no.....their desk is just at the door where you go outside for taxis...you will need cash, plus 60 B for tolls
Dec 13th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Bob. I will try to contact them today. I appreciate your willingness to help. We are on our way in less than 24 hours! Lots of loose ends to tie up before lift off!

You are all the best! Thank You so much!

Bangkok here we come!!!
Dec 13th, 2005, 08:32 AM

In years and years arriving at BKK never found the need to pre book a limo, just go to the limo counter after arrivals, easy.