Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

How strict is age policy at bed supper club?

Nov 22nd, 2005, 12:08 AM
Original Poster

We have reservations at bed supper club shortly. I notice the min age is 20. My son is 20 in 2 months time, will he be refused entry?
Nov 22nd, 2005, 12:55 AM

I've booked for late December. I've never been, but every bit of information i've read states that they are VERY strict with the age limit and require to see your passport!
Nov 22nd, 2005, 01:58 AM
Original Poster

hmmm. He is bringing his passport/driving licence and i wonder if they will scrutinise it.19 years and 10 months is not 20 i know but i am hopeful they will not sit and calculate age.
In korea your first day of birth is counted as your first birthday, therefore he would be 20 10 month there. I might claim that he is a korean!!!!!!
Nov 22nd, 2005, 03:08 AM

When we were there last December, they were pretty strict. We didn't know about the age limit till they sent a fax to our hotel on the afternoon of our reservation. Having no other place for dinner, we decided to chance it. There are other good restaraunts nearby, so we felt we could eat elsewhere if we were ejected!

We didn't take 18 year old daughter's ID and bluffed our way in by promising she would not order alcohol. I think the fact that it was a slow Weeknight and the fact that we were a family helped. Also. older daughter had ID showing she's 20 and younger one stands 10 inches taller, so they assumed she must be older.

In the end, the manager allowed us in, but said we couldn't go into the bar, only the restaurant. It was a lot of fun, so I'd chance it if your son looks older.
Nov 22nd, 2005, 03:15 AM

What is the bed supper club is it worth a visit
Nov 22nd, 2005, 04:04 AM

I really did not know that there was an age requirement to get into the Bed. But, I have noted that I've never seen children inside.

john
Absolutely, Bed is worth it. It is the most unique restaurant I've ever visited, and the food is exceptional. I have a few photos of it (along with many other photos) at cjscollection, just click on the "photo gallery" on the left side menu.

Carol
Nov 22nd, 2005, 07:05 AM

I was there in August and just turned 50 and they looked at my passport. Thai friends of mine were with me and they are in their late 20s and they checked their ID closely,too. I was told by my Thai friends that the age limit was 19. Happy Travels!
Nov 22nd, 2005, 07:49 AM

send them an e mail and ask about this particular situation

they do look at passports...but if you are with the kid, it should not be a problem
Nov 22nd, 2005, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

thanks for all the help. I will try and convince them. He looks older than his 22 yr old sister and is about a foot taller!!!

many thanks
Nov 22nd, 2005, 09:42 AM

John...it's a supper club and yes, it's worth it...well worth it.It's dinner and a show and great music. They have a website if you want to check it out. Happy Travels!
Nov 23rd, 2005, 03:40 AM

Good morning all,

Is there a Bed in BKK? I know there is one in South Beach... and by the way I did know they allowed children in at all....
Nov 23rd, 2005, 03:41 AM

sorry,..typo..I didn't know they allowed children in at all !!! china105
Nov 23rd, 2005, 06:21 AM

china
Yes there is a BED in BKK. It is the most unique dining experience I've ever had. I've heard that there is also one in South Beach, but I doubt that they are similar ??? or so I've heard.

I've got photos of the BED in BKK on my site at cjscollection.com, if you go to the "photo gallery" listed on the left side of the home page. There is a "favorite restaurant" album, and there are pictures of the inside and outside of the place.
Carol