Thanks again to everyone who offered advice to my previous queries.
We're leaving for Burma on 1st February, and haven't yet purchased our dollars. We know they need to be pristine and new, but are wondering how much we will need. We will be in Burma for 28 days.
Shan Yoma Travel are booking nearly all of our accomodation and all of our flights, so we will only need money for eating, 2 nights accomodation, getting to and fro airports to guest houses, plus a couple of bus journeys, and possibly a guide for a day or 2. We won't be eating at posh hotels (with the exception of cocktails at the Governer's Residence or The Strand in Yangon, hopefully!), preferring to use local cafes and eateries. We don't intend to balloon over Bagan, but will hire bikes to get around. We'll also need money for entrance fees and souvenirs, and trips at Inle Lake, etc.
Everything I've been reading seems to suggest that prices are rising in Burma. We are thinking about taking $600. Does this seem reasonable? Obviously, it would be hideous to run out of money, so we'd rather take more than less. Also, any advice on the breakdown of notes would be useful.
Any suggestions much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please Help First-Timers to India!
- 2 Japan escorted
- 3 two health related questions
- 4 Hiking in Sapa
- 5 First time to Vietnam. Itinerary help please
- 6 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 7 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 8 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 9 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 10 Princess Cruise
- 11 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 12 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 13 Mongolia - Blue Silk Travel
- 14 Nha Trang,Vn taxi
- 15 4 nights in Himalayas - Bhutan,Nepal, India?
- 16 Bago or Golden rock
- 17 Bangkok
- 18 Sri Lanka compared to southern India, which do you prefer?
- 19 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 20 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 21 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 22 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 23 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 24 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 25 Sulawesi