Hotels in November in Hong Kong

Aug 16th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Nan

Hotels in November in Hong Kong

We will be Hong Kong in early November and I find that this must be a popular season. Are there any good hotels less than $150. USD that you might recommend. Thanks

Aug 16th, 2002, 02:27 PM
Karen

Nan, It has been my experience that the trade fairs which are held every year in Hong Kong are over about the middle of November. If possible, try to book a hotel room after Nov. 15 for best availability and price. If that is not possible check out the YMCA in Tsim Tsha Tshi (spelling ??). It is a wonderful value, great location, and very attractive with a wide range of accomodations. Check out their web site. Also, I've used asia-hotels.com for bookings, but it may be too late due to the trade shows.

Aug 16th, 2002, 02:38 PM
Louis

I am familiar with some of the hotels in the Tsim Sha Tsui area near the Star Ferry in Kowloon -- considered to be one of the best desired areas to stay as a tourist BR>
1) Hyatt Regency
2) Sheraton
3) Kowloon Hotel (room is small, but run by the world renowned Peninsula Group)
4) YMCA Hotel (this is not run of the mill YMCA)
5) Hong Kong Hotel (name may be changed)
6) New World Renaissance

There must be special events in the period of Nov that you plan to be there. So they are charging what the traffic will bear. If you shop around, I still believe you can get into 3),4), 5) or 6) for less than US$150 a day.

Good luck.

Search this Thread