Hotels in Baga/Calangute (Goa)

Sep 8th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Original Poster

Hotels in Baga/Calangute (Goa)

Anyone have any recs for hotels in Baga/Calangute Beaches in Goa? I have heard those are the most happening beaches and was wondering if anyone knew of any great, comfortable hotels for an October visit. Budget not really an issue.
Sep 9th, 2004, 09:08 AM

I don't know what you mean by "happening beaches." If budget is not an issue, I recommend you stay at the Taj's Fort Aguada Beach Resort. From there it is only a 10 minutes drive to Calangute and other areas.
Sep 10th, 2004, 02:12 AM
Original Poster

thanks for your reply. by "happening" i meant that we have heard that these beaches are lively and central to many activities. it is my understanding that the taj holiday village is right next door to the fort aguada - do you prefer one over the other? ideally our hotel of choice would be comfortable, on the beach and near the activities/nightlife of Baga/Calungute/Arjuna. thanks in advance.
Sep 10th, 2004, 08:45 PM

Both the Taj Hol Village and the Aguada are managed by Taj group and part of the same larger compound. The diff is in the type of acco. The Aguada is a building with normal roms. Hol Village is thctahed roof huts spread across landscaped lawns. IMO Hol Village is much better ambience. Baga and Calangute do not have any luxury resorts - they are happening beaches no doubt but get a lot of budget travelers too. I hope u know that North Goa beaches (taj, Baga, Calangute) are not great beaches from perspective of water or sand - you should go to South Goa for that. I love North Goa for its local flavour, night life, proximity to everything.
Sep 12th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Original Poster

thanks! i do realize that the beaches are more beautiful in the south, but my friend and i are more excited about the activities, local flavor and nightlife of goa (i've been to too many beautiful beaches this year - hawaii, british virgin islands, costa rica, puerto rico!). so we went ahead and booked the taj holiday village - looking forward to it!