My boyfriend and I will be in Bangkok, Vietnam, and Siem Reap in July. Having never been before, we have no idea as to what parts of each destination (Bangkok, Hanoi, Halong, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh, Siem Reap) are desirable to stay in/what guesthouses/hotels are most accommodating.
We are on a tight budget, and would like to spend no more than $15USD each per night (but would go up to $25 for a "splurge") so we're mostly interested in guesthouses/hostels/budget hotels.
For each of the locations listed, we'd like to be centrally located, but not necessarily in "middle" of all of the action. Close to bars and restaurants, safe, and clean!
Please throw out any and all recommendations, as it is near impossible to know what you're getting from hotel websites!
Also- do you reccommend booking everything in advance? Many have said for young backpackers on a budget, it is best to show up and find something- true?
Again, list is:
Halong (recommended overnights on boats very much appreciated too- under $100USD)
Ho Chi Minh City
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Laurus Travel
- 2 need your help with japan itinerary
- 3 5 weeks in Rajasthan
- 4 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 5 The Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Traditional Wear For Womens
- 6 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 7 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 8 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 9 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 10 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 11 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 12 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 13 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 14 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 15 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 16 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 17 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 18 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 19 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 20 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 21 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 22 Wat Arun
- 23 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 24 Miyajima Island
- 25 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?