Notices

Hotel Room Singapore

Jul 3rd, 2008, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

Hotel Room Singapore

Thanks so much for all your help so far. Next question, we will be arriving SIN at midnite on the 12th of Aug leaving the morning of the 14th, renting a car to drive to KL, we will be returning to SIN later to spend more time.

However with only really one full day in SIN at the beginning am thinking of a hotel near the city center?? So now I am going cheap, we have to pay for two nights but really only enjoying one night so wondering if anyone knows of a reasonable --ie $150 or even less--that we can stay in. Would like to spend the 13th visiting the center and leave the rest when we return later.

Thanks
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:39 PM

We stayed at the Robertson Quay Hotel, which we found to be a pretty decent budget option. Our rate was about US$115. The room was small, bathroom tiny, and hotel decor was dated - but everything was clean, it was in a convinient location, and it is right on the river, close to a lot of restaurants and things. And the price was right.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:03 PM

We stayed at the RELC Hotel on a Fodor's recommendation some years ago, like you at the beginning and end of a trip to Malaysia. We liked it, and they still recommend it: http://www.fodors.com/world/asia/sin...iew-52911.html
Tripadvisor has the average rate as $108: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Singapore.html
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:22 PM

If you want to swim laps, the YMCA at One Orchard Road is good. Right ard $150. The rooftop pool is I think 25 yards, there's a small gym, dbl rooms are smallish but nicer than most motels (I think?), bkfast is included and it's across the street from an MRT station.

Search this Thread