Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Hotel Room reservation (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/hotel-room-reservation-507101/)

valtor Feb 25th, 2005 10:08 AM

Hotel Room reservation

We booked two months ago hotel rooms in BKK, Tokyo, Singapore, etc. via Asiarooms.com (voyagenow.com) and via Asia-hotels.com.

We paid for rooms and received vouchers. Our trip will be in April.

Yesterday I wrote directly to hotels to make sure that all the bookings are OK.

I was surprised to learn (about two hotels) that they have not our names. One of them has the confirmation number, but not the name.

I wrote to Asia-hotels.com and Asiarooms.com, but still did not have an answer.

I am very worry about this and I do not know what to do.

Any advices will be very appreciated.

Thank you.

rhkkmk Feb 25th, 2005 10:14 AM

i think some of these agencies sometimes book rooms in groups or using their name...i think you will be fine...keep you credit card receipt...

Kathie Feb 25th, 2005 12:44 PM

I use asiahotels.com all the time and have never had a problem. The reservations are often made in the name of the travel agency, as Bob says. As this is Friday in the US, it is Saturday in Asia. I expect you'll get a response in the next few days, but I wouldn't worry.

valtor Feb 25th, 2005 01:45 PM

Thank you Kathie and Bob. I already feel better.
I hope that I'll have no problems.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend.
Liliana

JackVirgin Mar 19th, 2005 12:33 AM

You don't have to worry, because it's also happen to me.
I book a bali hotel with asiarooms.com, and has it's was my first reservation by internet, i didn't trust much, so I call the hotel to verify.
And nothing was on my name too.
The reason was, because I call early to the hotel and this one didn't get anything yet. But I know now that asiarooms.com get different travel agent all around asia, and the reservation can be there, but on the name of this agent. Thats why the hotel operator didn't get it.
You also better check on your hotel reservation voucher that you received with your email confirmation, the name of this agent.
Well !! when you used to know .. everything is fine and, I have a very nice vacation without any single problem.
Bali is definitely a lovely place, and I think that now, if you compare 5 years ago, that Reservation by Internet especially with a professional website like asiarooms.com, can be trust.
Enjoy your stay !! :)

JamesA Mar 19th, 2005 02:14 AM

I know some operators work like that and if you contact the hotel directly maybe they just have it recorded under some number. Others however still do it using your name, the ones I use within Thailand always use names and I know for a fact that they still make confirmations to hotels with a good old fashioned fax with your name, flight ( or road ) details. It works well 100%.

JamesA Mar 19th, 2005 02:23 AM

Sorry I always seem to think of something else...with the people I use within Thailand when you make an online booking your request also goes automatically copied straight to the hotel, resort, guesthouses whatever so the booking is always under your name. I actually get my confirmations text by them onto my cellphone as well as replied by email, but they only do Thailand.

janev Mar 19th, 2005 02:23 AM

Hi - I agree with all replied you have had. I have booked many times with asiahotels. But I know what you mean - we were in Singapore & had booked to stay in same hotel on return (going to Jakarts for a wedding). So we wanted to leave some luggage behind & pick it up on our return. They did not have our return reservation & like you i felt unsure. It turned out we had been booked in by Gullivers travels - a totally different company, but they must act as a consolidator on their behalf/maybe book late with hotel to get best prices.
Hope all these replies are re-assuring.

rhkkmk Mar 19th, 2005 01:38 PM

the same thing just happened to me in nyc... i booked with an agent and they have X # of rooms set aside for them daily...they do not release the customer's names to the hotel until 2 days before arrival...i guess it is a standard practice...all worked out well in the end....i called 2 days before my arrival and they had my name on this second call...it is a little off putting however if you are not familiar with this practice...

have a great trip

Razzle_Dazzle Mar 19th, 2005 02:03 PM

Bob (or anybody else),

I booked a room at Angkor Hotel directly through their website (rates more competitive than asia-hotels.com).

Everything was confirmed yesterday, so I am all set. The only thing is, I got a weird e-mail from the hotel today, but instead of landing in my inbox like the hotel's confirmation e-mail, it was directed towards the trash bin. The subject was "Screen Saver" and when I opened the e-mail, it said 'buddy, just open it' with the appropriate attachment. Sure enough, I deleted the e-mail without looking at the attachment, but any idea what this is all about?

I am a bit puzzled; I always tend to think the worst.