Hotel near Hong Kong airport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the last answers posted to this question for a hotel near the Hong Kong airport was in 2007. Wondering if any more budget conscious choices have been put up since then?
Hard to believe we spent 5 wonderful days at the Bishop Lei back in October thanks to Cicerone's and others' suggestions and now we are headed home after 3 months in Australia and Vietnam and Cambodia...........
We arrive from Bangkok at 11:45 p.m. and out early the next morning so even though we would love one last meal in HK, think the airport is the best idea.
Thanks.
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 11:32 PM

The only new to open near the airport since 2007 is the Marriott Sky city. It’s quite nice (have not stayed but have been to the restaurants and some conferences there). Otherwise, the 2007 post would have mentioned the Novotel at Tung Chung and the Regal Hotel in the airport terminal (probably the most convenient of all; but if you have Marriott points or want to earn them then the Marriott may be a better choice). See the websites for the various brands to compare prices. You would need to take a hotel shuttle bus for the Marriott or the Novotel, about equidistant in terms of time to either (or you could pay for a taxi).

I agree that with a midnight arrival and an early flight out the next day, it probably is not worth staying in Hong Kong. I guess some of this would depend on how early your flight is out the next day. Trying to think where you could have a good meal near the airport before you leave in the morning. Dim sum at the airport is all I am coming up with at this point. There is a Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao in the Arrivals Hall which has great Shanghai dumplings.
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 03:10 AM

www.booking.com/airport/hk/hkg.en.html
Novotel good prices on the discounters
for me last.There is a new Edge hotel
out there no personal experience, Marriott.com
just got their new CC 50000-70000 points with
first use perhaps good for a free sky city stay.
Happy Hunting!
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 03:49 AM

The Edge hotel is on Hong Kong Island so is not going to help the OP as he wants an airport hotel. It's in an interesting neighborhood in Sheung Wan otherwise.
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 10:56 AM

I stayed at the Marriott for one night last year. Pretty expensive but it was really nice.
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 11:25 AM

I've stayed at the Regal and the Marriott. Walk to the Regal, shuttle to the Marriott. But to be honest, the walk to the shuttle was shorter than the walk to the Marriott and it was less expensive. Neither are budget.
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 05:34 PM

Seriously look at the prices. If the three hotels near airport are expensive, it may be cheaper to take taxi both ways to something like the Rambler Oasis, Rambler Garden, Royal View, Panda or the L'Hotel Nina - all about 20-25 minutes from airport.

Roundtrip taxis will cost under HK$500 or US$65.

The two hotels at Disneyland are even closer.
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:50 PM

Any more recent updates for these recommendations? Likely to arrive around 6:30pm and flight out the next morning is around 10AM, so am considering staying at/near the airport. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 05:30 PM

Since I last posted that I've stayed at the Sky Marriott several times. It's so easy. Free quick shuttle both ways. Very comfortable. Good place to get that first night catch up sleep.
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 08:14 PM

lisa - It's still the same 3 hotels at/near the airport. You have plenty of time to get a hotel in the city. Whether you want to do so is up to you, and of course depending on the cost of the hotels on the date you want.