Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Hotel Metropolitan Bangkok having a sale (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/hotel-metropolitan-bangkok-having-a-sale-807234/)

rhkkmk Sep 22nd, 2009 05:52 AM

Hotel Metropolitan Bangkok having a sale

this well regarded "hip" hotel on sathorn is having a sale starting at $99 and its good through dec 31

check it out

rhkkmk Sep 22nd, 2009 05:55 AM

use code "ZBT" in the promotion rate field

offwego Sep 22nd, 2009 06:23 AM

through their website or a discounter?

Looking for a hotel for the BKK GTG

rhkkmk Sep 22nd, 2009 08:43 AM

sorry that ZBT is for a starwoods promo and not for this hotel....

just look at their website..

rhkkmk Sep 22nd, 2009 08:44 AM

for the GTG how about adelphi suites?? its almost across the street..

sheraton grande or westin is having a special...i'll send it to you lori

kuranosuke Sep 22nd, 2009 10:07 PM

lori, just for fun, i went to priceline, and bid $70 for 5star shangrila or banyan tree. i got the marriott exec. apts sathorn vista.

i hope is ok. don't know the location well. i think its close to the banyan tree.

rhkkmk Sep 23rd, 2009 05:52 AM

ken, this is a brand new marriott property....not sure if it is a conversion from something else or not....will be very anxious for your report.....how much did it cost you?

it will beat bossotel for sure....

kuranosuke Sep 23rd, 2009 06:49 AM

i bid $70 on my first try and got it at that price(plus fees). yes, it looks like it might be a step above bossotel. lol.

rhkkmk Sep 23rd, 2009 07:08 AM

it looks very nice, i just looked at the pics....you will be spoiled for future trips....looks like you saved about $30++

kuranosuke Sep 24th, 2009 12:18 AM

bob, you are welcome to come by for a look-see. just let me know. bring the gang, maybe we can have lunch or have a cup of thai ice coffee.

rhkkmk Sep 24th, 2009 07:14 AM

thanks ken...lets see what develops....do you have a cell number?? send me an e mail...

rhkkmk Sep 24th, 2009 07:14 AM

btw, any luck getting orgy to come to the GTG on the 25th??

Hanuman Sep 24th, 2009 07:24 AM

It's not real Thai ice coffee unless it comes from a street vendor.

kuranosuke Sep 24th, 2009 08:13 AM

bob, haven't contacted orgy yet. will email him this weekend.

hanuman, exactly what i was thinking. btw, any restaurant recos close to the hotel? i was thinking of going to v9 again, sans brad.

rhkkmk Sep 24th, 2009 10:53 AM

baan khanitha has a new location along sathorn...

harmonique is not far as well as tongue thai

dim sum at the evergreen laurel has been suggested by hanuman to me recently.....he also likes another places in that area...if he does not chime in here ask him...

you should be cooking all the fodorites a dinner in your dining room at the apartment...

there is an italian place right across the side street from evergreen laurel which is very good..,,, maybe you could take gpanda there for dinner

Hanuman Sep 24th, 2009 06:11 PM

Ken,

There are so many new restaurants around there and I have not been to many of them. The "Secret Garden" is near where you're staying and that's worth a quick lunch or coffee as they have a cake shop as well.

Good news though the Japanese at the Banyan has reopen but we have not been back. There's a really good Sushi boat restaurant on the 7th floor of the Central World mall near Zen but go on a weekend as the fish selection is more. The flamed Hamachi there is superb! It's also near the Mo Mo Paradise, the all you can eat Shabu Shabu.

kuranosuke Sep 24th, 2009 10:43 PM

hanuman, thanks for the tips on the secret garden, and the sushi boat restaurant. i will go to both of them. i love hamachi, so will surely try that. i wonder if they also have the hamachi kama there.

hopefully, i'll get to the japanese restaurant at the banyan.

Hanuman Sep 25th, 2009 12:17 AM

Ken,

They don't have the kama there only sushi. The salted kama is quite easy to find and there's a great place for sushi, udon and tofu call Sui King restaurant(022522002) almost on the opposite side of the road from the Central Chidlom department store.

Just come and we'll go together!

kuranosuke Sep 25th, 2009 06:15 AM

thanks hanuman. will ring you up when i get there.:-)