Hotel info, in Delhi / Agra

Jan 30th, 2004, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

Hotel info, in Delhi / Agra

Hi,

I am about to confirm a reservation for the Intercontinetal in Delhi and the Clarks Shiraz in Agra. Anyone has stayed there or has any information about these 2 hotels , Any information , would be appreciated !
Thank you !
Jan 30th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

I forgot to mention that in Delhi ...it is the Grand Inter Continental hotel in Connaught Place

Thanks !
Jan 31st, 2004, 08:00 PM

Grand Inter is a business hotel in the center of the city. It is comfortable but does not have much charm. If u want hotels with a little more character u could check Imperial in round about the same location or Claridges, a boutiquey property recently renovated. Clarks again - similar comment. Prob adequate and comfy. It is prob a bit older than the Trident so u could look at that in same price range. Mughal Sheraton and Amar Vilas could both be a bit pricier.
Feb 3rd, 2004, 08:33 AM

hi
i visit delhi atleast 2-3 times a month for work and therefore i am recommending you the following

if you are not looking at area specific hotel in delhi then try out itc maurya sheraton.

i have stayed in many of the properties including imperial.

only advantage to imperial is old world charm other wise mauyra sheraton is much better especially the ITC ONE room they are just toooooo luxurious or if you do not have the budget for that then try the Sheraton Tower rooms.

or you cal also try Taj Palace Hotel Delhi which is good too for the price they offer. i think my agent in India offers me Taj Palace for around USD100 a room/night

Regarding Agra
dont even think of clarks it was a good hotel years ago but has badly deteriorated.
if you are looking for areasonable budget then try Taj View Hotel it is around 45USD or if you haver bigger budget then try Mughal Sheraton.

If you need info or local help on the above destinations or other hotel reviews or local agent help etc.... write to me on my mail id above.

Feb 3rd, 2004, 08:49 AM

Greetings..I have stayed at the Grand a few times, and it is a very nice proerty, and in a excellent location..It has some great resturants and pubs, good facilities, and a very elegant lobby..The Imperial is beautiufl and colonial, but will cost you much more then the Intercontinental..Both are in great locations, close to Connaught Place..About AGra, the best Hotel is the ultra Luxurious Amar Villas, then, in my opinion, comes the MUghal Sheraton, then TheTaj View followed by the Oberoi Trident and the Clarks..All are good properties..In Agra a fun thing to do is go to a small Hotel near the Taj called the Taj Khemma,,The offer sunset tea and a great romantic view of the Taj..Have a great trip, and feel free to contact me with any questions or reccomendations at my e-mail [email protected] I am a American who lives in Delhi,and have stayed over the years in many many of the Hotels....I can also reccomend some excellent local agents for Hotel discounts..Take care, bonita..
Feb 3rd, 2004, 10:54 AM

The service at the Mughal Sheraton is horrid. Also, I saw monkeys that live in trees on the property swimming in the hotel pool. I find that very unsanitary, I don't care if the water is chlorinated.

The Intercontinental in Delhi is very nice as my aunt has stayed there in the past. She only likes the best. They have a pool. I stayed at Le Meridien and can highly recommend it.
Feb 9th, 2004, 06:58 AM

Never been to the Intercon in Delhi but stayed at the Imperial and liked it. It is an old world charm hotel in the same vein as the Raffles in Singapore or the Grand Hotel d'Angkor in Angkor Wat. The inside of the hotel is like a museum with paintings and sculptures all around. I booked the Grand Maurya Sheraton originally but decided against it since someone told me that it is quite out of the way. You might want to check into that.

In Agra, stayed at the Amarvilas and it is fabulous. Views of the Taj right from your own room! Spent hours sitting there enjoying the view. Fabulous and the highlight of my trip to India. It is expensive and my room with a terrace ran almost US$400 a night.