Search

Hotel in Kyoto: any help?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in Kyoto: any help?

Ciao,
I am proceeding in planning of our trip.
To-day's question: can you give me any advice for a good hotel near the JR station in Kyoto (I intend to move directily there from Narita airport) for a 2 or 3 nughts stay (price range up to 15 / 22.000 yen for a 3 beds room)? I can then move for another couple of days in another hotel in a different area, again ... please help!
Again grazie to All of you for the friendly support you give.
Arrivederci.
Gianni (Milan, Italy)
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 04:29 PM

Not sure the price range but this is right next to the train station:

http://www.granvia-kyoto.co.jp/e/

It looked like a very nice hotel. I met some people who stayed there and they loved it.
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 01:28 AM
Original Poster

Grazie Theresa for the information. The hotel looks good, I am now checking the rates.

Any other input also for other area in Kyoto? I can afford to move to a different hotel in an interesting location.

Ciao.
Gianni
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 02:07 AM

Bonjour Gianni,

In your price range, look at the Hearton Hotel ( http://www.itcj.jp/hdb/526078.html and www.hearton.co.jp ) Its location is really convenient (5 min by subway from the station, close to the center and with good transportation facilities).

I've stayed there for 2 weeks last year with my mother, and although not as luxurious as the Granvia (where we stayed for a couple of night), it was really convenient, clean, and confortable, with an excellent kaiseki restaurant and breakfast buffet (not included in the price we paid).

We booked it through the Welcome Inn reservation center http://www.itcj.jp/ and paid only Yen 10'000 for a twin.
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 04:22 AM

Ciao Gianni,

The Granvia is very convenient for the train station, but it is not convenient to most of the nice places to enjoy in Kyoto.

For your price range, I would recommend the Hotel Fujita, located on the river and close to Ponto-cho, Gion, the Teramachi shopping area, and the subway. Rooms are clean and comfortable, and I have found the staff to be friendly.

Buon viaggio e sayonara