I'm a brand-new Fodorite registrant and just back from a week in Bangkok and Hua Hin. I promised myself I'd thank all those who posted such helpful suggestions for making our vacation a wonderful experience - and I will! But as someone on this forum said, you start planning your next trip on the plane home. OK, here's my question. I'm looking for a bungalow hotel in Koh Samui on a beautiful beach. We loved the Chedi in Phuket, but it was way too far from any shops, restaurants, etc. We also very much enjoyed the Oberoi on Bali's Legien Beach. This past week we stayed at the Sofitel Central in Hua Hin. Good hotel and location, average beach. I'm thinking on Koh Samui it will be Poppie's. Our price range is medium-high, $150-$250 a night. Since Thailand has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, I'd like it to reflect that while at the same time being within walking distance to attractions. Have I asked too much? Would Poppie's be a good place for late January/February? I'm not 100% wedded to Koh Samui, but we have tried Phuket and Hua Hin and would like a new place to savor. Will it be terribly hard to book in high season? Perhaps I should have a list of second choices as well. Thank you again for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 2 12 days in Cambodia January
- 3 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 4 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 5 Internet in SE Asia
- 6 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 7 6 Days in Thailand
- 8 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 9 Wat Arun
- 10 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 11 9 days in Japan in April
- 12 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 13 Question re. fees at BOM
- 14 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 15 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 16 Spa Bangkok
- 17 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 18 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 19 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 20 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 21 need your help with japan itinerary
- 22 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 23 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 24 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 25 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?