Hong Kong hotels

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 04:04 AM
mark

Hong Kong hotels

Staying in hong Kong for 5 days with my wife. Looking at a few hotels. Any recommendations for the JW Marriott, Shangri La Kowloon, or Mandarin Oriental?

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 07:06 AM
Meg

I highly recommend the Mandarin Oriental, but if I'm not mistaken there have been recent posts (in the last few months anyway) that it's undergoing renovation, which would more than likely lead me to make a different choice. Run a search and see if you can find anything.

The location was ideal - direclty across the street from the Star Ferry terminal and connected to loads of upscale shopping directly behind it. Very comfortable room. Great harbor views.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 07:30 AM
Kathy

Mark, we'll be staying at the JW Marriott this December. My husband stayed there last year and liked it very much. They have rooms with great views too.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 02:13 PM
Elaine

Stayed at the Kowloon Shangri-la for the first week of our honeymoon in April and both the room and the service we received were excellent. Even when we arrived back there dressed in dirty, sweaty tee-shirts and shorts and carrying rucksacks, after a day exploring Lamma island, they still opened the doors for us! Try and get a harbourview room - the view of HK island (especially at night)just has to be the best cityscape in the world.

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 11:06 AM
BillA

They are all good hotels, but if this is your first time in HK, I'd recommend staying on the Kowloon side. The view across to HK island is fantastic day or night.