Reload this Page >

Hong Kong airfares--what is usual?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2000, 05:59 PM
Karen

I am planning my first trip to Hong Kong this October, and wonder what is the usual round-trip air fare I can expect from the East Coast. The lowest I can find right now is almost $1200. I see specials advertised, ending in March, for much less. Are these seasonal, or can I expect to find something between now and October if I keep checking? Thanks for any advice you can give.

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 03:31 PM
Mike

that sounds normal to me. i paid $770 from the west coast to hong kong on united. it usually costs me $400-500 bucks to get to new york from here. that's about $1200 total.

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 07:17 PM
Deion

Karen: <BR> <BR>Check with AirConsolidators (1-800-883-3273). I went through them for my round the world airfare ticket and was able to save nearly $600. By far, that offer some of the lowest prices of airplane tickets. Good luck.

Old Feb 12th, 2000, 04:31 AM
Beth

I have used AirTreks.com. You can check their prices on their web site for around the world travel prices -- sometimes throwing in another stop along the way really saves you money in the long run.

Old Feb 21st, 2000, 06:10 PM
Maureen

This should cost about $700. You might try a consolidator like Himalayan International (www.himalayantours.com). I always use them for my Asia trips.

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 07:27 PM
Dave

Fares just jumped this week. Bought one for myself from PDX, Oregon for $650 for May travel. One for my wife for $680 for April travel. Agree to find consolidator, but just be VERY careful about who you're dealing with. Watch your October dates. Check HKTDC website so you don't hit same time as all the conventions. If you want more info on HK itself, e-mail me directly.