honeymoon in thailand

Search

honeymoon in thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
honeymoon in thailand

Taking my honeymoon the last 2 weeks of September this year in Thailand? Any suggestions as to where to stay? Thinking of visiting South Thailand...staying at different island destinations for about 4 days and then Bangkok for 2 days. Any suggestions/information would be most helpful.
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 06:41 PM

there will be some problems with sept in south thailand...jamesA will probably steer you to the right places...hua hin i think is one...bkk may be wet as well...

do some more research...could you go later say the end of october??
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Original Poster

possibly, but would prefer to do immediately following wedding...jamesA, what do you think?
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 02:47 AM

I think Koh Samui end September would be your best choice, there are plenty of fine resorts, the Dusit Santiburi is very popular for Honeymooners, most of the European tourists head back by end Aug / first couple of weeks of September so the last 2 weeks you should find it busy enough to be interesting but not too crowded. Forget the Krabi/Phuket/Koh Lanta area weatherwise at that time, if you are loooking for palm trees and beach, lots of restaurants, some nice places for a drink and some entertainment then I think Koh Samui fits the bill.
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 12:27 PM

If you have not been to Thailand before, I strongly suggest that you don't spend most of your time at a beach. For 2 weeks (from US that ends up being 12 days), you might try 4 days BKK, 4 days Northern Thailand and 4 days at a beach.
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 12:46 PM

I agree that the whole time in the beach is too much. There are gorgeous beaches a lot closer to home and Thailand has so many wonderful and fascinating places that can also be romantic.

Gloria
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 11:42 PM

Hi

My wife and I have been on two vacation to Thailand and both vacations took place in September. Sure, this is the wet season so you are likely to get some rain on a daily basis. But we still had a wonderful time (both times) and we went snorkelling, stayed on the beach, went for walks etc. There are lots to see and do even if you go there in the wet season. I have posted my experiences in two trip reports (including some pictures) which I have posted on my homepage www.gardkarlsen.com. Maybe you can find some useful information there Have a GREAT trip

Regards
Gard
Stavanger, Norway