I'm starting to plan a honeymoon for mid-October. We want to get to Bali (particularly the Ubud region has been recommended) and Siem Reap. Since flying to Bangkok is easiest, and between the two cities, we decided to explore it as well.
We have 3 weeks or 20-21 days, from Oct. 14 to Nov. 3 or Nov. 4, and a budget of roughly $8,000. I'm not overly familiar with SE Asia pricing, so I don't know if this is too low or not. We are prepared to dedicate 3-4 days to traveling between the three cities, but do not want to have to move again once we get to each city.
We are looking for relaxation for the majority of the time, but are very eager to see Angkor Wat and some other temples while we are there. We'd like a nice mix of relaxation and culture/history. We are also okay with resorts.
Does anyone have suggestions on an itinerary, hotels to stay at, etc.? Where will we need a guide and where will we not? Is it hard getting from the airports to the main cities? We are just beginning our planning, so any suggestions would be great. We are coming from Washington, D.C. in the states.
Finally, if budget doesn't allow us to get to Bali, we'd also be open to doing a more Thailand focused trip, and cutting out Bali, but not Siem Reap. Would Phuket, Siem Reap, and Bangkok be a good alternate? We'd like to limit our time to 3, at most 4 cities -- the more cities we cover, the higher the price will be, and the less time we will have to enjoy each city.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 SBCGLOBAL 1800:681:7208 Password Reset Contact SBCGLOBAL Tec*h Supp0rt Care
- 2 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 3 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 4 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 5 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 6 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 7 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 8 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 9 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 10 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 11 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 12 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 13 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 14 Wat Arun
- 15 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 16 Miyajima Island
- 17 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 18 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 19 Vientiane to LP December
- 20 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 21 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 22 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 23 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 24 5 days in Singapore
- 25 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?