Home Stay with Ratt

Search

Home Stay with Ratt

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Home Stay with Ratt

As part of our trip, we will be flying from Chiang Mai to Bangkok and then spending several days in Kanchanaburi. I am emailing with Ratt about the possibility of her picking us up at the airport and driving us to Damnoen Saduak where we would spend the night. Then, the next morning we would visit the Floating Market and continue on to Kanchanaburi.

She is recommending that we stay overnight at Ruan Kaew Home Stay in Damnoen Saduk. Is anyone familiar with this or has ever stayed there? I believe this is Ratt's B&B.

The itinerary she has laid out for us sounds very good (also visit to Benjarong Factory, wood carving, floating night market and fire flies, and give food to monks). I am just not a bit uncertain about the overnight stay. Thanks
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 06:24 PM

i think the B&B she had planned was in bkk...

can't think that the area accomodations would be very nice....have you googled it??
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Yes, I did google it and unfortunately there is nothing out there on it. It's only one night, so I am tempted to give it a try. But, I sure would love to get some feedback from someone who has stayed there. Maybe I will try one of the other forums which would be more geared to a homestay (like Lonely Planet).
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 08:37 AM

You might want to cofirm all rooms have air conditioning. It can be 78-82 at bedtime and based on where a place is, without a breeze, even with a fan, it can be pretty uncomfortable.Not a way to start a trip. It is only 45 minutes from a nice BK hotel to the market if you leave at 8 AM. Ratt wanted to leave earlier but we had only moderate traffic on a weekday in April.The fireflies are o.k. and the wood carving we found boring as did several others (we went on both our trips to BK 5 yrs. apart.
Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 07:13 AM

I see no reason to stay overnight. I did that route on a 12-hour day trip in a mini-bus from Bangkok. I was glad to get back to my comfortable hotel at the end of the day. Happy Travels!